StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
36 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
What are your thoughts on The new UC Surface 2.0?
https://youtu.be/KNf4AOk9bVc
by ronron3 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:30 pm
Big step forward !
Metering is a bit slow , especially the gate meter , but far better than the "dancing" meters in the previous versions .
Instant fx access : just what I needed !
Light / dark colour schemes : will be very useful this summer with outdoor events

Some wishes / thoughts ....
When in "sync select" with my CS18ai I have to push solo to sync with UC , select button doesn't sync , better name is "sync solo" (even better is sync with select button :-) )
Wish it had some small "led" to see when a limiter kicks in
Gates on every aux and on/off on every parametric eq band + on/off eq seems a bit excessive to me , but I guess that's more a RM thing than a UC thing...
by djangob on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:34 pm
I love the Device Display Modes, and with multiple iPads or a computer plus iPad with Sync Select on it's very cool... but these modes should not be buried in the Settings page, there should be a quick access from the main Mix screen.

Device Display Mode.
Selects the viewing mode for UC Surface: • Mixer. While in Mixer Display mode, you have access to
every function, making it great for remote mixing.
• Fat Channel. Fat Channel Display mode is designed to function
as a second screen for your mixer. In this display mode, all the Fat Channel features for each channel will be displayed rather than every function on the mixer. You can select a di erent channel to view either from your mixer or from the meter bridge in UC Surface.
• Sends. Aux Sends mode provides two display options. While on inputs,
UC Surface will display all the bus sends for the selected channel. While on outputs, UC Surface will display all the channels for a selected bus as well as the bus master. Use the meter bridge to select a di erent channel or bus.

StudioLive 32R; StudioLive 16R; Faderport 8; SW5E; Earmix16m; AR12; MacBook Pro 16” retina; MacMini (2020) MacMini (late 2014); OS X 10.15 ; AudioBox iTwo. Studio One 5 Professional ; Capture 3
by derejetesfaye1 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:28 am
Many great features! Simplest thing like colorizing the channels, icon and channel number and hiding the main out, just to name a few.

.......wishing I was able to see more channels at once on my iPad. I was really expecting to see a way to hide unused channels. At least the FireWire returns.
by waynejimes on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:27 pm
Just updated.
Ipad app a lot better to use.
And good on the Mac app - Nicer look and feel with better personalisation. On the whole looking good.
1 Thing and I may have missed something if anyone can help.

On my MacBook pro I cannot edit the mix or channel names at, can on iPad, and I have switched on and off the "show edit popup" and lots of other things!!

Any ideas?

Still need to run some sound trough it to see how it goes.

Cheers
by wahlerstudios on Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:00 pm
Looks like your computer has no permission to change names. Go to the settings page and click on "FOH" and "Ch.Rename".
by Spirit on Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:09 am
I ran firmware update on my 2 RM32 yesterday, because I still was on 7784. Everythng went perfect. Also the upgrade on UC 2.0 on MAC,PC and iPad. So far UC2.0 looks very good, much better Look & Feel. You need to get used to the new look but everything works great. iPad is a bit slow, but I think that's due to the fact, that I still have iPad2.
Two points:
- up to now, I didn't find out, what the reason could be to show the main out fader twice on the screen.
- colorizing faders is, waht I was waiting for. But I in my view the meter-bridge should show the same colors. That would male it easier to indicate, what I'm looking on.
But that's just minor.

MacBookPro iOS 10.10, Capture, iPad
2 x RM32AI, HP Envy Recline (i7, 23", Multitouch),
PA. KS-Audio CPD12, CPD1, CPD208, CL208 with CA4-D Amps
by Friedhelm on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:14 am
derejetesfaye1 wrote
.......wishing I was able to see more channels at once on my iPad. I was really expecting to see a way to hide unused channels. At least the FireWire returns.

i use the following workaround: just assign all used channels to a filter DCA (i call it "all").
So you get only the channels You want to see.

SL1602
RM16AI
Nowsonic stage router
StudioOne pro2
mac book pro 2009
ipad4
db technologies DVX 10(2x), DVX8(4x)
db technologies S08(2x)

https://www.waves.com/r/bqvxon
by waynejimes on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:16 am
wahlerstudios wroteLooks like your computer has no permission to change names. Go to the settings page and click on "FOH" and "Ch.Rename".

Fantastic thank you. It's always the simplest things that catch you out.
Cheers.
Really liking the new V2
by justindavidson on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:26 pm
what happen to mute groups, we use them all the time? Did they take that out? If so I'll be pissed.
by wahlerstudios on Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:08 am
Open the Quick Panel (arrow right bottom), the Mute button follows the Talkback button. Software Reference Manual Chapter 5.6.2. Nice to read, answers many questions... (see download page in Support). :reading:
by yobeano on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:19 am
Still can't choose between metering by post fader or pre fader. Thought it might be in the update. Can't find it unless I missed something.
by bobbieharrington on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:17 am
Everything seems to function as before.
Looks cleaner. Just have to get reacquainted with the interface.
The Qmix app seems to react much better.

However a cascaded setup is more cumbersome on the iPad and computer.

Our setup is a SL64.AI, two cascaded 32AI mixers.

It has always been annoying to have to tab back and forth between mixers.

Now you are forced to click settings, to expose the tabs. click the desired mixers tab, then click the settings again to return back to main screen.

Unless I'm missing something this is a step back for sure.

Not really surprising though. There has always been functions that don't work in a cascaded system.
I can only speak to the AI not sure how it is with the RM or Series lll.
by Praiz101 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:49 am
Where is the link channels option? Did I overlook it? :reading:
by wahlerstudios on Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:21 pm
"When a channel is selected, the Settings icon for that channel is visible in the left side of the Fat Channel. After pressing the Settings icon, the following controls will be available at the far left of the Fat Channel: ... 9. Stereo Linking. Links the current channel to the adjacent channel to create a stereo pair." (Quote from the Software Reference Manual Section 5.2.2 Channel Settings)

It's there where it has always been, but it's called "Stereo Linking" now.
by Friedhelm on Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:51 pm
Yesterday i did the first gig with UC2.0:
ipad: great performance, a big step forward, much better fader feel

minus:
-sometimes no signal showing on meters after exiting app, then restart of UC necessary
-no way to exit demo mode, restart is the only way to enter "real" mixer

mac book pro 2009: UC2.0 very slow reaction, same on smaart spectrograph, so i went back to the older version until this is solved

SL1602
RM16AI
Nowsonic stage router
StudioOne pro2
mac book pro 2009
ipad4
db technologies DVX 10(2x), DVX8(4x)
db technologies S08(2x)

https://www.waves.com/r/bqvxon
by Praiz101 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:17 pm
Found the stereo link. Thanks!
by matthewgorman on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:47 am
When in "sync select" with my CS18ai I have to push solo to sync with UC

The CS18 needs an upcoming firmware update, then it should work as expected.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Trent Wiesner on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:36 pm
The Tape in channel shows up on the Studiolive AI main mixer window. But when you switch to the RM series its not there. Not in the main mixer view, nor the aux mix views. Am I missing it or does it not show up?

Checked Qmix-UC and its there as well.

Anyone notice this?

Regards
Trent
by JayLira on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:14 pm
Here is a screenshot of UC Surface 2.0 on a IPAD PRO. Still the same number of channels as in previous version of UC.

Attachments
UC 2.0.png
UC Surface 2.0 on IPAD PRO.

36 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2