StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
14 posts
Page 1 of 1
anyone having trouble loading the latest QMix-UC app on your iphone? I have 4 different versions iphone 5/6/6S. with the latest OS 10.2.1. The software starts fine with demo on. However, once i click to try to connect to my RM32AI, the app kicks out back to iphone desktop.

Presonus StudioLive RM32AI
Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2
IMac Yosemite
MacBook Pro. Yosemite
IPad2
Presonus Studio Channel PreAmp

Kenny Lee
Sound Engineer RiverLife Church MN
by kennyasalee on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:57 pm
Once again, I have issues with Qmix version 2.0.0.41911 for Iphone/IpodTouch app running on Presonus RM32AI Firmwire SL 1.0.9244. Not loading. Please let me know if anyone else is getting this error. I will send a ticket to presonus. Heres a video:

https://youtu.be/rotchdEXJ3s

Cheers!

Presonus StudioLive RM32AI
Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2
IMac Yosemite
MacBook Pro. Yosemite
IPad2
Presonus Studio Channel PreAmp

Kenny Lee
Sound Engineer RiverLife Church MN
by uwemorbach on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:07 am
Hello Kennyasalee, i have the same problem!
After the update from mix ai to mix-uc my iPhone app don't works.
If I try to connect to my RM32AI, the app klick back to the desktop.

I think this is a major problem of the app, I hope presonus repair this error!!!

Uwe (Bavarian Boy)
by thesupermodels on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:59 am
Hi guys
Yep .. we have the same problem, but check this weirdness - we gigged Friday night and all iPhones worked to our RML32AI using QMix - UC.. Same venue 24 hours later, i.e. all gear left in situ overnight and suddenly QMix crashes back to 'Home' screen ... go figure?!

Keyboard player using QMix-AI app on iOS 8 still connected with no problem on 2nd night. Also no problem with iPad or Windows PC ...

On a separate note, the interface on iPhone QMix-UC app is disappointingly poor compared to the previous apps .. e.g. cant see the if the 'fader' has moved once you put your finger over it .. also the 'Pan' control is so small it's virtually unusable IMO :(
by uwemorbach on Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:34 am
Hi guys,
I using QMIX-AI, and everything is ok, then I make the update to QMix-UC and I have no connection to my RML 32AI. Hello PRESONUS!!!!! please help...repair this app error!
by Spirit on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:27 am
I upgraded all of my stuff on the Weekend (MacBookPro, Win10 PC, iPad2, iPhone4S ...).
No issues at all. Even on my "old fashioned" iPhone 4S !!!! Everything works great.

Watching the video, I saw, that I have this behaviour with other apps, caused by the iPhone memory is running out while loading apps, that needs lots and lots of memory. I don't know if this is the case with the UC app, but give it a try by deleting some permanently running apps, which you might not need necessarily.

MacBookPro iOS 10.10, Capture, iPad
2 x RM32AI, HP Envy Recline (i7, 23", Multitouch),
PA. KS-Audio CPD12, CPD1, CPD208, CL208 with CA4-D Amps
by rsnb100 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:59 am
Spirit wroteI upgraded all of my stuff on the Weekend (MacBookPro, Win10 PC, iPad2, iPhone4S ...).
No issues at all. Even on my "old fashioned" iPhone 4S !!!! Everything works great.

Watching the video, I saw, that I have this behaviour with other apps, caused by the iPhone memory is running out while loading apps, that needs lots and lots of memory. I don't know if this is the case with the UC app, but give it a try by deleting some permanently running apps, which you might not need necessarily.

What version of QMix-UC is running on your iPhone 4S? The problem only seems to be occurring with version 2.0.0.41911.
by Spirit on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:10 am
... that's the version I use (2.0.041911). No trouble at all.

MacBookPro iOS 10.10, Capture, iPad
2 x RM32AI, HP Envy Recline (i7, 23", Multitouch),
PA. KS-Audio CPD12, CPD1, CPD208, CL208 with CA4-D Amps
by rsnb100 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:51 am
Spirit wrote... that's the version I use (2.0.041911). No trouble at all.

This might be an iOS10 specific problem as all the iPhones that we had problems with were iOS10 devices whereas the iPhone 4S only supports up to iOS9.
by russki100 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:42 pm
I'm having the same issue with all my Iphones. None of our Qmix-uc work at the moment. Presonus please help or at least let us know if ur working on this issue.
by Terich on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:55 pm
We're having the same issue with iPhones and Android...loads up then kicks out to home screen. It works great on the Studio 192 but not on the RM32ai
by sjc193 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:26 am
Hopefully some of you guys are creating tech support tickets. If there is a bug that's the best way to get it in front of Presonus, no way to be certain they will look at the forums at all. . . just users here most of the time.

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by Weddingsinger on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:12 pm
This issue is also being discussed on the Presonus Studiolive Mixers user group on Facebook. That board seems to have more Presonus employees watching it. so you might get a better response. It seems to be a mixed bag of people getting the error (crashing). Some have suggested choosing a zero out scene, then reload the scene you want. A presonus employee suggested it could be the firewall in the router, and turning it off might help.

There doesn't seem to be a real solution yet, but also not enough people screaming about it to create enough attention. My mixer is with the equipment van, so I haven't been able to try it out yet.

Ted
by aleuni on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:21 am
To add to the issue. At our church this is crashing on only one phone everyone else is just fine with the Qmix-UC.

14 posts
Page 1 of 1