StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
169 postsPage 9 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Well, not actually from serial :)
Firmware already contains filesystem, so you don't even need to have a console to extract it.
Where do you think it's better to upload?

roblof wroteNice 8-)

Captured from the serial console?

If you connect an usb memory stick to the usb port you might be able to ‘dd’ the flash into the memory stick :P. This way it should be possible to extract the filesystems.

by romansavrulin on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:24 am
Hi everyone. I've digged a bit into RML16AI software and that's what I found so far.

It's Firewire/AVB implementation is based on TC Applied Technologies DICE III solution. It doesn't use silicon chip, but FPGA image to emulate the same solution. This is rather smart decision, as configuration can be changed via firmware upgrades. As we can see from official TC site, the company is dead since 2015, so cannot deliver any solution on AVB to Presonus.

Take a look at my Github repo. There's a bunch of photos, docs, firmware images and tools I've used for its analysis.

I've realized that RML32/RML16 (and StudioLive 16.4.2AI/24.4.2AI) are built on the same platform and actually use the same firmware binary. The definition of the mixer model is inside device file at /home/root/device.txt. So, actually we can turn RM(L)16 into RM(L)32 to get extra 8 AUX outputs onboard if we modify an update image. But, to do so we also need to solder DACs to XLR output board too. I plan to try it on my own RML16 in the meantime. Who know, Maybe we'll get something from it
by romansavrulin on Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:54 am
I confirm that RML16AI can be flashed with RML32AI firmware and you will get completely working mixer, but channels is numbered starting from 17 to 32.

If you can get RM input board (from 16 or 32), you can turn RML16 mixer into complete 32 RM32. The output board on RM16 is half-soldered with DACs, so I plan to solder another half on the board by myself and get 16 AUX outputs from the mixer. Will try to make a tutorial on that. Stay tuned!
by chrisfowler1 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:34 pm
How about these apples?
phpBB [video]
by JontyFrancis on Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:19 pm
Back in June 2016 I went "all-in" with Presonus and spent €1,939 on a CS18AI.
Only to find that their "AVB" implementation was incompatible junk.
I never dreamt that Presonus would force me and others to pay for Presonus' mistakes.

The CS18AI was not a KickStarter campaign, was it?!?!

They sold the CS18AI before it was ready for prime time.
CS18AI's AVB features turned into Vaporware.
They chose the wrong third-party AVB developer.
Foolishly, they never secured the AVB source code.
Worst of all, Presonus abandoned its customers who purchased the CS18AI.

Conclusion: Presonus' word (advertising) isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Now I'm getting ready to spend $1,000's more.
Do you think I'll be buying more Presonus gear?

I was a loyal Presonus customer. Not now.
by basmeijer on Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:02 pm
JontyFrancis wroteI was a loyal Presonus customer. Not now.

Same.
Would put my money (if it would exist, next year or so or the year after, fingers crossed) on a Wing or the SQ series.
by JontyFrancis on Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:29 pm
basmeijer wroteWould put my money (if it would exist, next year or so or the year after, fingers crossed) on a Wing or the SQ series.

Agreed. The SQ is really tempting... and A&H always go the extra mile for their customers.
by basmeijer on Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:11 am
Exactly. And they will make sure your older digital stage boxes are upwards compatible and the software is as solid and complete as possible to enjoy a (more) longterm investment.

PreSonus took the short-term route with many product lines they introduced, like if the speed of introduction on the market could be as quickly as possible, without probably thinking much ahead and leave the rest of the adventure up to their customers.
by angerrising on Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:10 pm
You would think some kind of lawsuit would be in order for the lack of promised MIDI support. False advertising much!? Might look into it. It is absurd to have spent the amount of money I have in this Interface thinking the midi would be implemented and them to just just lie and lead people on and not deliver. I was a huge presonus fan but my next set up will definitely be with another company. No one wants to be mislead and definitely not when professional grade equipment costs what it does to replace. Get it together! At the very least make good on your promise Presonus.

169 postsPage 9 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9