StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
64 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
i had connection to my mac mini behind the rm mixer all the time, could control it fro my macbook at foh via screen share. Unfortunately multirack did not work correctly, which is another story. If multirack was engaged, i could control a bit of volume and mute things via multirack. The macmini is connected via firewire, no connection also. I went back to firmware 9244 now, seems to work normal again, but it takes time to put trust into this system again... :|

edit: when the problem occoured, i could see the mixer in the start page(firewire connected), but it did not connect

SL1602
RM16AI
Nowsonic stage router
StudioOne pro2
mac book pro 2009
ipad4
db technologies DVX 10(2x), DVX8(4x)
db technologies S08(2x)

https://www.waves.com/r/bqvxon
by wahlerstudios on Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:48 am
That is a normal behavior. If the FireWire connection gets lost and you start UC Control again, than you don't "see" the mixer right away. This will take 10 to 15 seconds. But it can also happen that the mixer and/or the computer need a restart in order to provide FireWire functionality. In any of those (seldom) cases I have found out as reason faulty cables or connectors or ports. Also the option card is a "candidate" for making trouble (FireWire ports pushed in, card not fixed properly).

But if you say that firmware 9244 heals all your problems, then this is another indication for problems caused by UC 2.x being more and more focused on the Series III ecosystem and forgetting the Firewire tradition. The "funny" thing is that Studio One (3.5.6) and FireWire work absolutely perfect together (no display lag, no disconnections), but the higher the UC Surface version go, the more UC Surface and FireWire are fighting against each other.

Probably the best advice is to stick to firmware 9244 and UC Surface 1.8. This combination should be exposed in the museum. As label I would suggest "last functioning FireWire system for RM mixers". But we have to wait for the firmware update first. :mrgreen:
by darthMatthis on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:44 am
So I've been getting the same problem a lot recently. I can safely say it's not a firmware issue for me. Everything is on the latest firmware. I also don't think it's a router issue per se.

What really baffles me is that when a dropout happens that even the Mac connected via firewire won't be able to connect to UC.

Also my CS-18 doesn't lose it's IP address...

I have submitted a ticket before and was told to try the public firmware beta. But today it happened again... twice!
by darthMatthis on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:41 am
Ok so now I think it might something about the AVB option card. Whenever I try to restart the RM after a dropout it won't turn back on. I have tried several things and it always turns back on when I pull out the option card and put it back in.

64 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4