StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
25 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
short version (i don't want to use the digital return in favour of two separate inserts for click vs backing attenuation for IEM's)

macbook pro
Presonus RM32 is the selected Output Device
Routed firewire returns to channels 16 and 17
16 click 17 mono backing track - using IEMS

Youtube sound works as expected into channels 16 and 17 on my RM32 BUT iTunes? ZIP! What have I done wrong or what step have I missed? I suspect an iTunes preference setting to blame but I have been all over the net and can't find a solution that fits the bill.

Anyone have some pointers to share?

tia,

Matty

15" MacBook Pro mid 2012, El Capitan, 4gig DDR3 ram, 500 Gig plus External 3 TB HD.
Presonus RM32ai, current Firmware, Current UC, Current Capture
Logic Pro9
Kemper Profiler amp user here!! :)
by matty6strings on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:36 pm
I have a ticket Open with Apple Care/ Support, will report back tomorrow.

This stuff frustrates me to no end! haha Wish me luck for a resolution to post back with.

m

15" MacBook Pro mid 2012, El Capitan, 4gig DDR3 ram, 500 Gig plus External 3 TB HD.
Logic Pro9
by bubbaguth on Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:39 am
I have experienced that iTunes will not update and recognize changes to audio properties while the app is running. Quitting iTunes and restarting will fix this issue. So if you are connecting to the RM after iTunes running this issue will occur.

RM32AI, RM16AI, CS18AI, SL16, 32R, NSB 16.8, 328AI, 18sAI
MOTO AVB and 5WSE Switch
NowSonic Stage Router Pro
Microsoft Surface Pro
Apple iPad Pro
Macbook Pro
by matty6strings on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:28 am
bubbaguth wroteI have experienced that iTunes will not update and recognize changes to audio properties while the app is running. Quitting iTunes and restarting will fix this issue. So if you are connecting to the RM after iTunes running this issue will occur.

Thanks bubba. I have done that a few times. Even rebooted the macbook.

I did all the setting up while connected to the mixer. Wonder if that would cause that issue you mentioned?

Logic Pro9
by matty6strings on Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:20 am

Logic Pro9
by matty6strings on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:31 pm
...after multiple failed attempts to reset I was finally bumped up to a senior advisor. Still no joy after booting in safe mode as well as after resetting some internal apple stuff that was going over my head. A head scratcher as it were. So, it was finally recommended that I upgrade to El Capitan and most recent firmware updated for my RM32. Reluctantly, I have done these. With a gig on the weekend and I am expecting trouble now. LOL

I am currently backing up my macbook to an external drive and I have already backed up UC as well as my scenes.

I'll install all the required updates and retry. If it still doesn't work I am to call back to apple support and have an engineer look at the issues.

Will report back here when I find out.

Logic Pro9
by bubbaguth on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:43 pm
Whew! I thought I was in the same spot you were for a minute. I went from 10.11.3 to 10.11.4 and tonight is the first time connecting to RM and I too could not get any audio from my Mac to RM. Everything came out of the computer speakers.

Possible solution for you? Check your audio configuration under Audio Midi Setup. For some reason the PreSonus FireStudio was no longer my default interface. If you highlight it, go down to the little gear and select "use this as my default sound output".

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 8.41.16 PM.png

I have been running this Mac since last fall on RM and Classic prior to that and I don't recall ever having to mess with this. I would say the Mac OS update did something.

MOTO AVB and 5WSE Switch
Microsoft Surface Pro
Apple iPad Pro
Macbook Pro
by bubbaguth on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:47 pm
Or perhaps the following:

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 8.47.02 PM.png

MOTO AVB and 5WSE Switch
Microsoft Surface Pro
Apple iPad Pro
Macbook Pro
by matty6strings on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:51 pm
THANK YOU EVERYONE! I HAVE SUCCESS!!!!!!!

...can you tell how stoked I am?

Long and short, installed latest UC Firmware and upgraded to El Capitan.

Set my default listening device as the StudioLive RM32 In and Out
Utilities - Audio Midi set up to ensure audio over firewire is still being sent to channel strips 17 &18 Click 17, or Left and backing trax 18, or Right.

Now it all works exactly as I had hoped. Was really reluctant to perform these updates so close to a gig but it appears to have worked out nicely.

saved the scene again as well as a back up for UC.

Good to go I believe!!

Logic Pro9
by matty6strings on Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:27 pm
Saturday's show went off without at hitch!

Thanks all!

Logic Pro9
by matthewgorman on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:41 am
Nice. Updating FW can be a bit intimidating, especially close to a gig. We were far enough away from the update release, to where you would have been able to see problems beforehand. Now if you were updating the FW right when the update released, then different story. Unless the update was specifically fixing a problem you had, or had a "I can't live without this" feature, then it may not be a good idea.

But also keep in mind, you can go back to a previous FW version and UCS if needed. The FW reversal would require a FW recovery, which will wipe all settings, so a backup would be mandatory to preserve saved scenes and presets.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by matty6strings on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:21 am
Excellent info to HOLD ON TO!

Thanks again Matt!

Matty

Logic Pro9
by matty6strings on Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:26 pm
Due to major performance issues with my mid 2012 running El Capitan, I had to restore my mac to Yosemite and reistalled a back up I created before the OS update.

So here we go again.

Audio midi checks out. Test tones generate signal in UC on channels 17/18.

Itunes playing but no sound and zero signal to UC.

Stumped again.

Logic Pro9
by matty6strings on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:06 pm
System Preferences message when Presonus is selected

Selected Device Has No Output Controls

????

I ensured that I have set audioi to stereo AND have successfully sent test tones via firewire to both channel 17 L (click) and 18 R (BackingTracks) to the RM32. I can see the audio on the front of the RM and in my UC.

Still have zero audio going to RM from iTunes, youtube audio still works tho.

I am beyond stumped.

can anyone think of ANYTHING I have simply overlooked?

Logic Pro9
by SwitchBack on Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:18 am
There's a couple of articles in the knowledge base regarding audio settings on Mac. This article is a good starting point. Links to other articles are provided at the bottom.

As for audio apps you can divide them into two groups:
1 - Apps that have a menu/tab for audio interface settings/preferences
2 - Apps that simply use the interface defaults as set in OSX

When, after you done all that is suggested in the articles, some apps refuse to take the defaults then those apps may be from group 1 :)
by matty6strings on Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:14 pm
thanks switchback, I'll take a look right now

Logic Pro9
by matty6strings on Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:22 pm
http://support.presonus.com/attachments ... ic+Tab.png

This was this fix. Unbelievable, truly.

I am very grateful switchback, thank you very much!

Logic Pro9
by SwitchBack on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:42 am
:thumbup:

One last remark: Depending on order of power up, power down and connecting your audio interface some of the settings may revert. Best to avoid changing interfaces when your Mac is running.
by matty6strings on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:09 pm
OLD thread revived!

So all is working well except now, Youtube won't play through the RM. Backing tracks, itunes all good. When we try a youtube video it defaults to the Macbook speaker.

HAHA I'm ??? again

Logic Pro9
by matty6strings on Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:09 pm
Works fine at FOH but not the IEMs. I'll look into the routing. Clearly I have something criss crossed.

Logic Pro9

25 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2