StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
25 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
matty6strings wroteWorks fine at FOH but not the IEMs. I'll look into the routing. Clearly I have something criss crossed.

I am in the same boat, really confused at this point. It seems no matter what I do not all applications will use the presonus firewire device as an output.

I too have had random applications, including chrome, work just fine and then stop when I try to delete preferences etc.

I'm at a loss really.
by matty6strings on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:10 pm
michaellee22 wrote
matty6strings wroteWorks fine at FOH but not the IEMs. I'll look into the routing. Clearly I have something criss crossed.

I am in the same boat, really confused at this point. It seems no matter what I do not all applications will use the presonus firewire device as an output.

I too have had random applications, including chrome, work just fine and then stop when I try to delete preferences etc.

I'm at a loss really.

I think I sorted it out last month. If I can find the solution I'll post back for you.

As a singing guitar player in our group, my head and attention is ALWAYS being tested. Sometimes I wish I wasn't the sound man and lighting guy at the same time as well. I mess things up and can't figure out what I did. Then I fix it, usually not knowing how I did it. :roll:

Wearing so many hats it is a real challenge so when I do find a solution I will move on to the next task at hand. By the end of the rehearsal or show, I couldn't accurately remember if you offered to pay me for the info! :?

My PA speakers are in storage and the rack system stays at the drummers house where we rehearse using in ears. This means I don't have access to the RM32 all the time. GRRR no space in my townhouse.

To that end I would like to thank everyone for their assistance again.

cheers

15" MacBook Pro mid 2012, El Capitan, 4gig DDR3 ram, 500 Gig plus External 3 TB HD.
Presonus RM32ai, current Firmware, Current UC, Current Capture
Logic Pro9
Kemper Profiler amp user here!! :)
by matty6strings on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:38 pm
Well, last rehearsal it all works fine. No clue how I fixed it.

Sorry guys, I'm impatient as hell when the band members stare at me blinking while I feverishly slam through resets etc while trouble shooting. Its fixed, thats all I know.

15" MacBook Pro mid 2012, El Capitan, 4gig DDR3 ram, 500 Gig plus External 3 TB HD.
Logic Pro9
by SwitchBack on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:50 pm
Tip: Make sure you establish a fixed order for connecting an booting up your gear. This procedure (MBP and SL mixer) always served me well:
1. hook up everything
2. mixer on and wait for startup to complete
3. Macbook on and wait for startup to complete.

Changing the order or not waiting for startups to complete usually didn't do me any good...
by matty6strings on Sun May 14, 2017 12:39 pm
Thanks Switchback, I appreciate your insight.

I have the mixer plugged into a Furman extension box which gets switched on as soon as its plugged in. So the Mixer and router fire up at the same time, Mac is next. I think I'll re-work the plugs so the router is plugged into the back of the rack mount conditioner instead of the Furman box. That way the mixer powers up, then I can turn on the power conditioner which will fire up the router. THEN the mac gets booted. OK, GOT IT.

Thanks again!

Logic Pro9

25 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2