StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I literally can´t wait to be able to record, use some plugins and use Smaart with my RM32 on the stage and my Macbook in the FOH, I know, I have to wait until AVB is fully functional, but the thing is we don´t know when is this going to happen...
In the meantime I've found this Firewire cable <http://www.unibrain.com/products/firewire-800-ieee-1394b-smart-cables/>
The question is, has anybody try this cable or any similar solution? Have the Presonus team tried it?
For me 20m, the shortest version of this cable, would be enough on most situations to be able to record, and use Smaart from the FOH.
Thanks.
by epeterso on Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:44 pm
jashinrodriguez wroteHi,
I literally can´t wait to be able to record, use some plugins and use Smaart with my RM32 on the stage and my Macbook in the FOH, I know, I have to wait until AVB is fully functional, but the thing is we don´t know when is this going to happen...
In the meantime I've found this Firewire cable <http://www.unibrain.com/products/firewire-800-ieee-1394b-smart-cables/>
The question is, has anybody try this cable or any similar solution? Have the Presonus team tried it?
For me 20m, the shortest version of this cable, would be enough on most situations to be able to record, and use Smaart from the FOH.
Thanks.

I'm using a 25 foot passive Pear Audio FW800 cable, it seems to work. I tried to order a Unibrain cable but nobody had stock.

RM32AI using FW800 and a 25 foot cable, 24 bit 88.2 kHz.

Home built 4 GHz DAW i-7 3930K 32 GB RAM, Blu Ray burner, all SSD except for RAID drives, three 24" screens at mixing desk, fourth screen in the ISO Booth. This thing screams!

SONAR Platinum with Radikal SAC-2.2 surface, Waves Gold FX, Samplitude Pro X, Melodyne. Magix Video Pro X6, and Adobe Acrobat X Pro.

StudioLive 16.4.2 or X32 Rack for gigs Firewire connected to Sony VAIO all-in-wonder touch screen PC.
by kgbak on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:38 am
The only talk I've heard is very general concepts about using firewire cables and extenders to get them to go the distances needed. The extenders were expensive though and the technology with PreSonus always seemed just around the corner so I never invested but please keep us updated on how it works for you! At $199 for 131' that's pretty expensive but if it works it would be a great option. Thanks!

PRESONUS RM32ai,
-UC Surface: v1.4.1.35113
-RM Firmware: v7049
MACBOOK PRO,
-Yosemite 10.10.5
-2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
-16GB 1867 MHz DDR3
LENOVO FLEX20,
- Windows 8
- UC Surface: v1.4.1.35113 for Windows
AIRPORT EXTREME, 6th Gen
Logic Pro X 10.2.0
Abelton 9.2.3
by robcull on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:00 pm
epeterso wrote
jashinrodriguez wroteHi,
Thanks.

I'm using a 25 foot passive Pear Audio FW800 cable, it seems to work. I tried to order a Unibrain cable but nobody had stock.

So have you managed to use a long firewire cable with the RM32 at FOH connected to a Mac at FOH?

you said you got a 25ft one working????

4 posts
Page 1 of 1