StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I couldn't do it on the 16.4.2AI but I was hoping maybe on the RM16.

When operating as a stand-alone monitor mixer it is important to be able to cue up exactly what the artist is hearing in their wedge (or ears). The solo button seems to be pre-graphic on the aux mixes. Is there any way to change this to post in the engineers wedge?

I haven't seen a block diagram of the RM have they published one yet?

RM16AI; StudioLive 16.4.2 AI;
MacBook Pro; MacMini;
Studio One Proffesional; FaderPort
Waves MultiRack
by rnaqvi on Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:41 am
Good question. I'm not 100% sure but I'll find out for you. Ray would know for sure.

Rick Naqvi
VP of Sales, PreSonus Audio Electronics
http://www.presonus.com
by SwitchBack on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:11 am
Hi Rick, when you ask him please also ask him which EQ the Smaart room correction wizard will use (later this year).

On the StudioLives room correction is on the PEQs so corrections intended for the room/speakers also feature in the solo bus/phones :? The GEQs, for all other corrections, come after that and do not feature in the solo bus/phones :( I sincerely hope that Design won't go the same route with the RMs...
by stingray1122 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:43 am
The RM mixers are the same as the console mixers in this regard. THe GEQ is only heard on the actual output for that mix and not the solo buss. Because of the way the GEQ is processed in the mixer I'm not sure if we can change it but I"ll look into it.

SMAART implementation will be exactly the same as the AI console mixers. I can look into the possibility of being able to change this also but we won't be able to do it in time for the first support release.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by SwitchBack on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:54 am
Well, next update it is then...

Ever considered doing away with the GEQs, replacing them with a second layer of PEQs for Smaart to use? Would get a :+1 :+1 :+1 from me :D
by mamerica on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:11 am
Thanks guys. With the legacy mixers, when I set the aux's for Post and the Faders up, I could hear the Aux GEQ on the control room output. It never made sense to me but it worked.

RM16AI; StudioLive 16.4.2 AI;
MacBook Pro; MacMini;
Studio One Proffesional; FaderPort
Waves MultiRack

6 posts
Page 1 of 1