StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I posted this on the PS support site a while ago , but have yet to get an answer. Is it me or is this company's support just plain terrible?

Problem 1:
I cannot change the name of *ANY* channel names In the universal control application on my Mac.I am able to change the channel namesFrom my iPad without any issues.I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application on my Mac and reset everything to factory defaults still I cannot rename channels.

App version: 2.50.45267
Firmware:SL 1.0.9244

Problem number 2:
The backup procedure does not seem to be functional On either the Mac or the iPad. Restoring from a backup Does not restore Channel names or settings Previously stored. Also Where does the application store it's back up files on the iPad?

I have now called your support line 5 days in a row for over an hour each time With no answer And been on hold today for an hour And 45 minutes with no answer. are there technical support technicians actually working in an office? Am I just wasting my time by calling?

I am disabled and it is Very hard for me to type Which is why I want to use the telephone. I recommended this product to my boss And I don't look very good right now, and I don't want to get fired from this job so I need answers on these serious issues.

jeff
by wahlerstudios on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:40 pm
Welcome to the forums. Yes, here you will get answers and advice... ;-)

It looks that your Mac does not have the permission to change names. Go to the settings page (the wheel on top right of UC Surface) and check "Device Settings". "FOH" and "Ch Rename" need to be selected.

There are download pages for all PreSonus products, so this one seems to be right for you: http://www.presonus.com/products/StudioLive-RM32AI/downloads. If you select an "older" OS and click on the link below, you find all versions of UC Surface with their respective Release Notes and it still says there: "AI/RM Mixers: Restoring a Mixer Backup over Firewire is not possible. Must be done over Network connection." Backups are meant for saving general settings, which is not really necessary, because there are other and better ways to store and restore data.

I think what you are looking for is called "scenes" (button "Scn" in UC Surface and options below). The scenes are the place to store and recall settings. Have a look at the Recall Filters in the menue. To store a scene click on *Empty location* and give your scene a name. Yon can recall your scene(s) fully or selective, but they are always saved fully. Very helpful is the scene called "Zero Out (Board Reset)". This brings all settings back to zero and allows you to create really "fresh" scenes.

Hope this helps.
by jeffstevenson on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:47 pm
Beautiful. Solved it.

the system was working but froze up and I lost everything and then this permission setting changed. very strange.

thanks for the info.

Jeff
by florintudorache on Fri May 06, 2022 7:29 am
I recently bought the StudioLive 16.0.2 USB and I have the same issue: I can't rename nor delete Scene Names.

In Device Settings there's just a MIX: FOH option, but no Ch Rename in the Device Permissions panel.

What can I do??? How can I rename a Scene??? :shock:
by seanbrophy1 on Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:13 pm
I am in the same position as florintudorache. There is no permission for Ch name in the settings (V. 3.6.4). Has this functionality been removed? It would be most useful to be honest.
by wahlerstudios on Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:39 am
This is the AI rack mixer section of the Forum, so I suppose your question is about UC Surface, mirroring the functions of the rack mixer. I would recommend to read the "StudioLive AI and RM/RML - Network Audio (AVB/Dante) General Overview 2023" article in the Knowledge Base. It's an "everything you need to know" article and it should answer your question or show a direction how to solve your problem.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... rview-2023

6 posts
Page 1 of 1