33 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
May be wrong place to post, but I cannot get my capture duo ipad app to connect to my S1, same network, same subnet, firewalls off, upgraded to 2.6.3. reboots, scratched head......uhh help....anyone....? gen 3 ipad
by matthewgorman on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:28 pm
Do you have s1 opened on the start page? Can you see you pc when you hit the share button?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:29 pm
Im going to move this to the capture forum.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by drolaz on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:35 pm
S1 is open on start page, Send to studio one button shows a question mark and states "Please launch Studio on on your mac or pc and make sure.......blah blah.

Router shows both devices and ipad can be pinged from S1 machine
by -Luis- on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:49 pm

Attachments
Network.png
by drolaz on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:52 pm
musician2373, thanks for the note, however already checked that :cry:
by -Luis- on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:10 pm
When you open Capture does it look like this?

Attachments
iPad.png
by mwright137 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 pm
Mac or PC? OS version?

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by drolaz on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:39 pm
Musicians2373 It says "Please launch Studio on on your mac or pc and make sure...."

mwright137 The PC is Win 7 full updates and the ipad is gen3 OS 7.1.1

Both machines on the same network/same subnet. No VPN

Can ping Ipad from PC.

Rebooted both, uninstalled/reinstalled Capture etc etc.
by Skip Jones on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:48 pm
"Router shows both devices and ipad can be pinged from S1 machine".

When you try the transfer how are you physically configured? You should have the iPad power cable powering the iDevice and not plugged in at the same time to your computer, Does that make sense?

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by Lawrence on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:11 pm
I had (am still having) the same issue, here it only connects right after launch. Like if I record audio in Capture Duo and try to transfer, the PC on the network doesn't show up in the list.

If I quit / close Capture Duo on the iPad and relaunch it and then open the song I just recorded and immediately go to the transfer button, there it is, works like a charm. So i've been doing that while testing it, quitting the iPad app and restarting it (with S1 already running on the Start Page) and so far that works every time.

Not sure if that helps or not.

But yeah, if i just tinker with Capture for 10 minutes, recording, editing, etc, while S1 sits there on the network doing nothing, and then hit that button, my desktop never shows up in the transfer list there until after a restart of Capture.
by -Luis- on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:11 pm

[ Play Quicktime file ] capture.mov [ 3 MiB | Viewed 26629 times ]

It works perfect for me (Windows and Mac) something else I discovered If I double click on the .caf file it opens Logic (Mac only)
I should mention that I did test it with the iPad plugged in to the computer and unplugged it makes no difference.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 1.23.25 PM.png
by Lawrence on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:23 pm
Thanks a lot Luis.

When I thought about the test results I got above it occurred to me that (outside of just testing locally) I'd be doing exactly that same thing anyway. Come home with the iPad, launch S1, launch Capture, transfer the files.

In a real world use case i'd be launching the app fresh later again anyway to transfer the files, so as long as that always works, I'm fine with it.
by drolaz on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:49 pm
Skip Jones asked how I was configured, My ipad is wireless to my network and my computer is hardline to the same router. I am not using a usb cable......dont tell me this whole time I have to hardline to the S1 machine... I (from watching the livestream) thought no wire was needed. It said "on the same network".

BTW still a nogo.
by matthewgorman on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:08 pm
Something is off. You do not need to be wired to the PC. My steps were:

Capture open on ipad.
Open S1 and leave on start page
Hit share button while in the capture song. Should see the DAW pc listed when you hit share.
Send song, S1 song page opens with new files in it.

Any chance firewall or virus protection is getting in the way?

Matt

S1Pro V5
by -Luis- on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:20 pm
drolaz wroteSkip Jones asked how I was configured, My ipad is wireless to my network and my computer is hardline to the same router. I am not using a usb cable......dont tell me this whole time I have to hardline to the S1 machine... I (from watching the livestream) thought no wire was needed. It said "on the same network".

BTW still a nogo.

My comment was because of this

Skip Jones wrote
When you try the transfer how are you physically configured? You should have the iPad power cable powering the iDevice and not plugged in at the same time to your computer, Does that make sense?

Skip

I did the transfer with the iPad plugged in to the computer and unplugged it doesn't matter as long as you are connected on the same network.
by allenc3 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:01 pm
Exact same problem as drolaz with almost exact same setup.

I have Capture (paid for) running on iPad Air, latest iOS 7.1.2, have latest S1 2.6.3 running on PC running Win7 Home Premium latest updates applied. Get Capture "?" in transfer icon as there are no S1's available for transfer even though my S1 is up and running and I am looking at the S1 Start screen on PC.

I also have a MacBook Pro, and if I fire that up (latest everything applied) and start S1, I do see that computer in the Capture transfer icon and I can touch the MBP selection in Capture and the Captured song immediately copies over to S1 on the MBP.

When I upgraded to the latest S1 today, I saw something I never saw before after an update of S1, the Win7 Firewall noted that S1 wanted to talk on the LAN and I gave it permission to do so, obviously the new ver S1 has added some kind of networking to get to Capture. The only virus security that I run is MS Security Essentials and that never gives me or any other applications any problems. I can see the IP address of the PC from the iPad and I can Ping the IP address of iPad from PC.

I just bought an AudioBox iTwo that will be here in a couple days. It would be nice to get the PC issue worked out as it is my main DAW PC.

3x FSP, FSM, FaderPort, HP4
Studio: S1v2 Pro, Windows 7 (64), Dell 8300 i7 Quad Core, 1TB SSD
Remote: S1v2 Pro, MacBook Pro Core i7, 500GB HDD
by -Luis- on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:39 pm
Ok guys click here maybe this can help with your issue.
by mwright137 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:17 pm
It's important to note that Luis's link is intended to show you a possible problem. You do not want your WiFi isolated from your Ethernet network if you are trying to transfer files from your iPad to a computer that is connected to the network via Ethernet. If you have them separated for security reasons, then you will not be able to transfer files.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by allenc3 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:43 pm
Luis's link will not solve my problem.

As I documented, I can make Capture transfer work perfectly to my MBP, but not to my PC. It is a PC/Windows7 problem that is not yet solved.

3x FSP, FSM, FaderPort, HP4
Studio: S1v2 Pro, Windows 7 (64), Dell 8300 i7 Quad Core, 1TB SSD
Remote: S1v2 Pro, MacBook Pro Core i7, 500GB HDD

33 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2