4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

Looking at purchasing an iTwo.

Is this app needed to gain access to both inputs in other apps?

Example:
I want to run an electric and an acoustic into BIAS FX.

Will I be able to do that?

I found an article online that states for the iTwo:
You’ll need to use the free downloadable Capture (Duo) for iPad app in to capture audio input on both of the two available audio channels. PreSonus won’t admit it, but they’ve purposely software handicapped the iTwo so it will only allow one channel of audio recording to take place when you’re using apps other than their own Capture for iPad software. The Focusright Tape app will not capture both channels of audio for example, even though it’s capable of stereo recordings.

Thanks,
by charlesjones25 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:29 am
cruzfolmli wroteHi there,

Looking at purchasing an iTwo.

Is this app needed to gain access to both inputs in other apps?

Example:
I want to run an electric and an acoustic into BIAS FX.

Will I be able to do that?

I found an article online that states for the iTwo:
You’ll need to use the free downloadable Capture (Duo) for iPad app in to capture audio input on both of the two available audio channels. PreSonus won’t admit it, but they’ve purposely software handicapped the iTwo so it will only allow one channel of audio recording to take place when you’re using apps other than their own Capture for iPad software. The Focusright Tape app will not capture both channels of audio for example, even though it’s capable of stereo recordings.

Thanks, visit the website

i just wonder that, why do you have to bias fx in both the systems? no need to incorporate the apps
by cristofe on Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:51 am

First of all.....that's TOTAL BS. The iTwo can record two simultaneous channels into ANY DAW.
BUT.....you cannot run two channels DIRECTLY into Bias FX. It's NOT a DAW! It's a PLUGIN!
In standalone mode it's only got ONE input!! If you want to run an acoustic AND electric you
must FIRST run the iTwo into a DAW that can host VST plugins. Capture will NOT host plugins.
It's made for one purpose capturing live streams. Soooo. You need a DAW that hosts plugins
like Studio One Pro, Cubase, Reaper....etc...etc. You then need to properly setup the iTwo's audio routing in your DAW open two audio tracks in your DAW and the load an instance of the BiasFX VST plugin to each track. NOW you'll be able play acoustic & electric.....but unless you're guitar has two seperate outputs I don't know how you'll be able to do that simultaneously.

There are MANY You Tube videos on how to properly set up the iTwo and other interfaces with
most any DAW. Google is your friend.

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by solomonmika on Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:52 pm
Are you trying to open all apps at the same time? There are apps that can't work together. Try patch management https://www.action1.com/ to fix the problem.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1