10 posts
Page 1 of 1
So, I just picked up a AudioBox iTwo today so I could use it with my iPad Air(9.3.1). I'm using the iPads adaptor with the usb cable that came with the iTwo. The device has power. I plug it into my iPad and the app recognizes that it's plugged into the iTwo. I plug my guitar in directly to the first slot using a standard TS cable. I set the levels so that I see a green light on the iTwo. I can hear the guitar but I can not see that it's being played on the app. I'm also not able to record. This sucks! Am I doing something wrong? Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!
by jamestate4 on Sun May 15, 2016 2:25 pm
I figured it out! It makes no sense but I had to enable the microphone on the device in order for it to work correctly. Thanks!
by cristofe on Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:09 pm
I had to enable the microphone on the device in order for it to work correctly.

That IS the solution.....and the problem. Guitars have a very low output to start with.
The problem is matching the level to what the interface wants to see. As was already
pointed out this can be done from switching from line level to mic level. BUT....a better
way to accomplish this is through the use of a direct box. You may find this article helpful:

http://www.audioadapter.net/articles/do-i-need-a-di-box

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by solomonmika on Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:34 am
What's your guitar? I also have some problems.
by mykfcsurvey on Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:51 am
Welcome to the KFC Guest Experience Survey. We esteem your authentic criticism and value you setting aside the effort to finish our study. kfcsurvey
by aradiralamii on Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:01 am
Will the iPad recognize the guitar and mic as separate to apply different effects to it?

by jonhdatins on Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:03 am
It's great that you managed to fix the problem yourself. Besides, which guitar do you have? I'm asking because I want to buy one, but I need some advices. A few years ago I took guitar lessons and had an old guitar my friend gave to me, but now I barely remember something. I want to retake guitar lessons, but I need to buy a guitar first. I thought which on to buy and decided to purchase electric guitar. On this site https://bestelectricguitars.reviews/ I found the reviews of best electric guitars in 2020 and can't make a choice. I like Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2019 Electric Guitar the most, but my friend, who is a musician, says that it's not the best one. If someone knows a lot about guitars and can give me some advices, I'd be thankful.
Last edited by jonhdatins on Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
by cristofe on Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:35 pm
[url]I like Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2019 Electric Guitar the most, but my friend, who is a musician, says that it's not the best one.[/url]

Sorry but, IMHO, your friend is full of sh#t. Some of the greatest blues ever have been played on Les Pauls. Also on Gibson ES-335's, SG's and even Flying V's. Likewise there have been thousands of blues tunes recorded with various Fender guitars.

There is NO "best one". Blues have been played on as many different makes and models as it's younger sibling Rock-N-Roll. A lot of the old Delta and Chicago bluesmen played cheap guitars Supros, Teiscos and such because they were around and were what they could afford. The "best blues guitar" for YOU....is the one that feels and sounds the best to YOU within your budget. It might be hard to do right now due to Corona but normally I would suggest a trip to Guitar Center. Play a bunch and pick the one that feels best.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by johablmovies on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:22 pm
I learn so much about that!!!

by jonhdatins on Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:24 am
To get a good sound, you need to experiment a lot. I have been using Dod Gunslinger for a while - http://duesn.com/blog/dod-gunslinger-review, and it completely suits me. With it, I can adjust the sound effects in almost any room. I have a guitar, and I want to buy a pedal that drowns out unwanted noises.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1