4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I had a number of songs recorded in Capture and was running out of space, so I downloaded all the files to a folder on my Desktop, but I cannot import any of them back to Capture. Any ideas or processes?
by SwitchBack on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:43 pm
Shouldn't be a problem to open a song as long as you copied the .capture file and the subdirectory with the .WAV files. No need for the .peak files.

From Capture simply open the .capture file (using the browser to find it in the new location). You may get a message about missing .WAV files, asking you to give the new location. Capture will recreate the .peak files from the .WAV files.

NB. Ah, to/from iPad. That's different. Through iTunes?
by jamiebachmann on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:53 pm
:idea: Figured it out.

First, you need to know HOW TO ACCESS CAPTURE SONG FILES IN iPAD VIA WINDOWS:

-1)Connect your iPad to your desktop or laptop (Windows), and open iTunes.
-2)Click the iPad icon and scroll down on the laft hand side, and select "Apps" (it's right below "Summary" and above "Music").
-3)Scroll all the way down, and in the bigger window to your right, you will see "File Sharing", and below that "Apps."
-4)Click the Capture icon, and the song files will appear in the "Capture Documents" window to the right

Next, you need to know HOW TO SAVE CAPTURE SONG FILES TO WINDOWS DESKTOP OR STORAGE:

-1)Create an empty file on your Windows desktop or in your storage device labeled "My Music" or "Capture Files" or whatever you want
-2)Use the above process to access the files in the iPad
-3)Select a song file, then click the "Save To..." button that is below the "Capture Documents" window
-4)Inside the pop up window, find the folder you want the song files to go into, then click the "Select Folder" button
-5)Repeat the process for each Capture song file you want to save

Then, you need to know HOW TO LOAD SAVED CAPTURE SONG FILES FROM WINDOWS OR STORAGE BACK INTO YOUR iPAD:

-1)Connect your iPad to your Windows desktop, laptop, or storage device
-2)Follow the aforementioned "HOW TO ACCESS CAPTURE SONG FILES IN iPAD VIA WINDOWS" instructions to open Capture files in iTunes
-3)Click the "Add File..." button below the "Capture Documents" window
-4)Select the file of the song from the desktop file you made via the pop-up window, and then literally drag and drop it into the "Capture Documents" space. They are big files, so they can take a minute or two to load in.

**Simply dragging or selecting the song's ".capture" file will only give you the file name and the session, but no sound waves will be in there. Additionally, selecting any one of the files like "Audio Files," "Cache," or "History" will not give you the sufficient data to run anything, either

**If you need to totally get rid of anything from the "Capture Documents" space in iPad, simply select it and hit the "delete" button on your keyboard. This is the only way to get rid of anything in that space, aside from deleting from "All Session" in the Capture app in the iPad itself.
by jultugugnismith on Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:20 pm
Or missed out on the latest episode https://walmartone.fyi/ of your favorite TV show because of work at the office? Well, do not be disheartened.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1