10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Capture is by far the most streamlined and easy to use DAW for the iPad, but it would be SO much more usefull as a schetching and fast recording option if you would include some way to import audio into the app.

Importing drums from DM- 1 or some other synth-app is the only feature keeping me with Garageband and its included softsynths. BUt you cant go from GB to Studio One.

So pretty please with sugar on top, Audio Copy/Paste OR IAA. I Don´t care what protocoll, as long as I can get some cool drum tracks to jam with on my iPad.

Thanks

2015 15" rMBP 2.5 i7/16GB/512/370MX
2009 27" iMac 3.06 C2D/12GB/2TB
Apogee Duet iOS&Mac/Apogee One/StudioLive16.0.2/Digi003R
Studio One Pro 3
Fender Telecaster/Gibson Les Paul Custom/Gibson J-35
by Naughtalis on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:19 pm
Yes!! Please!!! I can't even use audio copy to paste audio into a track in capture on the iPad. Either audiocopy or inter-app needs to be implemented. I'm agree with stiansylta
by cristofechabot on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:27 pm
Capture is not a DAW. A true Digital Audio Workstation nearly always has MANY more features for recording and manipulating audio and midi. Capture's sole purpose is clearly stated in it's name. It is totally streamlined for multi track recording and nothing else. Most of Capture's users neither want or need it to do anything else. If you need more functionality there are several DAWS for iOS & Android.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan14/articles/spotlight-0114.htm

http://appcrawlr.com/android-apps/best-apps-daw-on-android
by Naughtalis on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:25 am
Importing or copy and pasting an audio file on a track would be within Capture's capability. If it wasn't that wouldnt be an editing function on the ipad. If i was on the road and got an idea to a rough draft i had on my ipad, i could record asap and not wait till i got back to Studio One 3 and possibly forget it. That ls the point of a mobile app, and that is the purpose of "multitrack". I was speaking of audio only not midi.
by tonylamarca on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:46 pm
Hi Folks,

Doing some searching lead me to this post. I agree, I'd love to use Capture to pull drum tracks in and then record in Capture while the drum track is playing. Really surprised this isn't a feature. The ability to sync back and forth between Studio One and Capture would be fantastic. Anyone know if there's a feature roadmap for Capture? I'd like to know if it's on their product management team's radar or not.

Thanks!
by jimtravers on Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:24 pm
as someone mentioned before, Capture is not a DAW. Magix MM is my second favorite DAW next to Presonus.
by dillboothe on Wed May 18, 2016 11:52 am
Hi everyone...i think a true Digital Audio Workstation nearly always has MANY more features for recording and manipulating audio and midi. Capture's sole purpose is clearly stated in it's name. It is totally streamlined for multi track recording and nothing else. Most of Capture's users neither want or need it to do anything else.
by cristofe on Wed May 18, 2016 12:30 pm
Capture's sole purpose is clearly stated in it's name. It is totally streamlined for multi track recording and nothing else. Most of Capture's users neither want or need it to do anything else.

EXACTLY! There are MANY DAWS out there.....they ALL have this "feature"....including the FREE Studio 1 Prime.

https://shop.presonus.com/products/studio-one-prods/Studio-One-3-Prime

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Naughtalis on Wed May 18, 2016 12:52 pm
Obviously we have some closed minded individuals here.

If i had a gig that required 32 tracks of recording, I'd definitely want to bring more than an ipad to record (or capture as you put it.) We understand what a "true" DAW is. No one is asking for a bunch of fx plugins, instruments, or editing tools.

I get ideas away from the studio, its a simple program that already records multiple or single tracks and takes. So something as simple as importing a wave or mp3 thats already on your device is going to make it more useful for others. And if you dont need the function, it would be cool to simply STFU please. Its not like you use every function in Studio One 3 Pro either.
by henryblake on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:39 pm
This update would be great. So i would just use this along side fl studio for my beats

10 posts
Page 1 of 1