10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Howdy from Texas. Mac (Yosemite). I've installed and opened SO3 set up tracks, I can see levels when activating the monitor button but the record button will not arm. What am I missing?
by matthewgorman on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:19 am
Make sure that the AB s selected as the audio device, and that you have the correct input selected. Its possible that the meter activity is from the onboard mic from the mac.

Last thing to check is that you have the proper permissions to be able to write files to the location you have set up in preferences. Ex: Song preferences are set up in S1 to write the audio files to the x drive, and the user account you are logged in with does not have permission to write there. In windows, we set up to run S1 as admin to take this element out of play. Not sure on a mac.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by smeiman on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:26 am
Thanks for the insight. I have been reading that there are three locations that I must change in the preferences folder: the iTwo for iinput, output and.... can't remember the third. The iTwo is basically a stand by or a "quick" interface. I'll be using the 32 Ai for recording for the most part. I am using a Glyph 2T external hard drive (USB) to be the location for audio files. When I did this quick connect exercise I did not have the Glyph attached. So having permission to write there - there is no place to write. I'll eventually get it together, thanks for your help.

Steve
by matthewgorman on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:41 am
No sweat. That's what we are here for.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by smeiman on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:03 am
Thanks "matthewgorman" that is just what the Doctor ordered. Thenk you again for being there/here to help out.

Steve
by martinb10 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:12 am
Hey, I just wanted to throw out a quick Thank You to matthewgorman because I noticed he was online right now. This just saved my bacon and I also wanted to say sincerely Thank You! I was going crazy because I couldn't get my "record" to work and this has been a pia now for a week. I looked through all the tutorials and was too proud to ask on the forum because I've had some bad "you need to read before you post" moments. The second I did, Boom, someone was there. Windows 10, totally forgot about my permissions! Reset permissions and I'm back in business.

Thanks! Buddy

Yep, the second I finish, he's gone... That's alright... Matt, You are the reason forums really work and I'm sure you are a hell of a guy in real life too. Thanks!
by matthewgorman on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:21 am
and was too proud to ask on the forum

Never let that get in the way.

The one thing that you can do to help the people trying to help, is to make sure you tell as complete of a story as you can. Common parts of the story like software, hardware, processor, firewire chip (usb chip if applicable), os, etc can be put in your forum profile sig so its always there as a reference.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by martinb10 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:47 am
Thanks Matt, that's an idea. I'll get that done tonight, thank you one more time. :-)
by klypeman on Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:42 am
Matt !! Matt !! Matt !! (Cheering ) :D :D :D

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by hernanvazquez on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:05 pm
IM HAVING THIS PROBLEM WITH STUDIO ONE ARTIST 2 I HAVE WINDOWS 10. AND WHEN I START A NEW SONG THE RECORD BUTTON WILL NOT ARM. BUT IF I GO TO A OLDER SONG I RECORDED IT DOES ARM. I DONT GET IT. I LOOKED FOR A PREFERENCE FILE CANT FIND IT. I HAD A COUPLE ARTIST HE TO RECORD AND I HAD TO DELETE A COMPLETE PROJECT SO I CAN RECORD. AND IM NOT A GRADE A TECH SAVY GUY SO IF YOU KNOW THE ISSUE AND WANT TO HELP I NEED THE DUMB DOWN VERSION NOT THE BILL GATES EXPLANATION.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1