9 posts
Page 1 of 1
New here, not even sure I am posting in the right forum, but I have a general newbie question :
With my Presonus AudioBox iTwo and M7 condenser mike I get very flat amplitudes in the recorded wave form when singing and I have to raise the volume almost to 100% when playing back in order to hear anything at all. In the Windows control panel settings I have cranked the output up to 100% for this particular mike already. I have the dial turned up 3/4 of all the way on the box and I do see good amplitudes in the check voice area, about 30-40% up in the vertical bar area.
I record a new song using Audiobox USB. I sing in a modest voice granted, but even my iPhone does a better job recording my voice in terms of volume. Is this box primarily meant for musical instruments?
by mwright137 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:35 pm
Do you have phantom power on (48V button)? The M7 needs it.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by yngveroennike on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:43 pm
Sorry, I should have mentioned that. Yes, it is lit up in blue. Btw, what is the huge dial button on the right doing?
I have the audiobox plugged in directly to my Lenovo laptop, not through a powered hub.
by mwright137 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:54 pm
The huge dial does the main output level.

StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by salvadoredelle on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:28 pm
yup! and you will never get proper levels for recording on this series interfaces... I have an audio box USB and use it just for a playback of PC audio and not for mixing or recording at all... it's input levels are way too low no matter what mic, instrument or line level signal you use or settings or configurations... I am not a newbie and have several interfaces that work perfectly even other Presonus systems and this product is not suitable to do any type of real recording and should be discontinued. It sucks!
I Totally love all my other Presonus gear but all these audio box series is just crap...

I'd suggest you get rid of it or use it just for PC audio into some speakers on your desk top like I do and not for actual recording and DAW playback/mixing. Step up into a firestudio product or better yet the 1602 is a superb small home studio mixer and audio interface. I have an old discontinued Firestudio Tube too that is really killer... you can get em used on line cheap and they rock!...

I'll probably get flak for this reply and all these guys telling me I am not using it right or have it configured wrong... Total BS!!!
I am just being honest about my experience with this series. they suck! no matter what the spec sheets say they suck!

Presonus makes some awesome gear, this is just not in that class at all...

2- 24.4.2 consoles, 1- 1642 console, 1- 1602 console, 1- firestudio tube, 1-AudioBox USB, 1- PRM mic/ 1 DBX cal mic, 1- Behringer X32, 1 Behringer X32 Compact, 1-AVID SC48, 1-Midas Venue f32, 4-Midas Venue 240, Mackie and Yamaha analog mixers, 1 mac mini-on the 1642, 1- Open Labs XXL windows XP based mondo workstation, 1- Open Labs Sound SlatePro windows 7 hot-rod PC. Studio One Artist / Pro, ProTools, Ableton, Reaper, Meyer, QSC, Mackie, JBL speakers. Yamaha C7 Grand Piano with MIDI, lots of synths, samplers and modules, Spector NS2 bass, 2- taylor acoustics, Kay Upright Bass, G&L strat,
by yngveroennike on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:31 pm
Thanks for honest feedback. Maybe my worst fears are confirmed. We shall see what the official support ticket has to say about it. I'll keep you posted.
by salvadoredelle on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:42 pm
Presonus makes some really nice gear! the Firestudio series are perfect for a home studio use and you get all the software. If you are a performing musician and have a few $$ more to spend, I think the little 16.0.2 Studio Live digital console is the total bomb! It's small and portable and super easy to use for a band and solo performer then bring it home plunk down and it's a killer audio interface for your recording studio! It has 12 really nice mic preamps and 16 line inputs. It has 4 AUX sends for stage monitors or a studio headphone system and a studio monitor/headphone section and nice on board FX. I have all the bigger studio live consoles and they are all excellent gear. I totally love the little 1602 and use it more than my big ones... I can do most any basic band at a live gig with it and record multitrack too and its my home studio interface. It sounds great and comes with all the software you need and i have no issue getting the proper levels recording with it. It comes with Studio One , Capture and VSL software and all this makes for a smooth workflow and opens up your crative window and does not get in the way... No hassle set up BAM! it works real simple and easy... I think it's one of the best products Presonus makes and one of the best affordable audio interfaces on the market! Presonus customer service rocks and the forum is super friendly and helpful.
spend a little more and have a system you can grow with.

2- 24.4.2 consoles, 1- 1642 console, 1- 1602 console, 1- firestudio tube, 1-AudioBox USB, 1- PRM mic/ 1 DBX cal mic, 1- Behringer X32, 1 Behringer X32 Compact, 1-AVID SC48, 1-Midas Venue f32, 4-Midas Venue 240, Mackie and Yamaha analog mixers, 1 mac mini-on the 1642, 1- Open Labs XXL windows XP based mondo workstation, 1- Open Labs Sound SlatePro windows 7 hot-rod PC. Studio One Artist / Pro, ProTools, Ableton, Reaper, Meyer, QSC, Mackie, JBL speakers. Yamaha C7 Grand Piano with MIDI, lots of synths, samplers and modules, Spector NS2 bass, 2- taylor acoustics, Kay Upright Bass, G&L strat,
by mwright137 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:10 pm
That's strange. I've always had good luck with my AudioBox 22 VSL. YMMV.

My Website
by cristofe on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:57 am
I have an audio box USB and use it just for a playback of PC audio and not for mixing or recording at all...

First of all we're not talking about the AudioBox USB....this thread is about the AB iTwo. AFAIK,
it has better preamps than the original AB USB. That being said, many thousands of users are happily recording with their AB USB's.

Personally, I have an AB iOne and an 1818VSL. Granted the 1818's preamps are superior but the iOne is perfectly usable for for tracking IMHO. :+1

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

9 posts
Page 1 of 1