6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Anyone know if:

1. You can use the iTwo with iOS versions below 7, like v6? (I know you can't use the Capture app below iOS 7).

2. You can use the iTwo on WinXP with Asio4All ? (I know you can't use the iTwo drivers on anything below Win7).

Thanks!
by cristofe on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:27 am
I cannot comment on iOS as I'm not an "i" guy.

You can use the iTwo on WinXP with Asio4All ?

I theory that should work.....but Presonus does not recommend the use of ASIO4All.

I know you can't use the iTwo drivers on anything below Win7

How do you know this? I know the current drivers do not say that XP is suppported
but have you actually tried to install them?

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Aph on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:18 am
cristofe wrote
I know you can't use the iTwo drivers on anything below Win7

How do you know this? I know the current drivers do not say that XP is supported
but have you actually tried to install them?

No, I haven't tried that. I will, and report back here!
Thanks!
by Aph on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:55 pm
Well, it does work with an iOS version lower than 7.

There is a problem in the input adjustment for the mic pre's, though. On both channels, at the end of the knobs travel, the volume takes a power jump! It's too bad the gain couldn't be distributed more evenly across the control's range.

I'll check on seeing if the drivers work on Windows XP next.
by cristofe on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:17 pm
:+1

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Aph on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:51 pm
Windows XP Service Pack 3
Audiobox iTwo firmware 1.25

Simply does not work and will probably lock up your computer. Drivers do not matter... it just doesn't get to the point of interfacing with a driver. When you plug in the iTwo it just stays on "Found new Hardware". I actually had to unplug the computer because it would not shut down.

Just for anyone's curiosity (as I assume it's the iTwo firmware that does not like WinXP), here are the drivers I tried to install:
Latest iTwo driver (v1.3): window pops up saying "For windows 7".
Last 22VSL driver that listed WinXP compatability (v1.2): locks up when plugging in iTwo.
Asio4all: installs fine but it doesn't matter, iTwo doesn't connect to WinXP at all.

Except for my beef with the input controls, this unit works fine on Win7 and an older iPad 2 (iOS v6.1.3).

6 posts
Page 1 of 1