3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am setting up a new DAW system and need a new simple audio interface.

I'm planning to use the interface for recording melodies with a microphone then using Melodyne to convert those melodies to VST melodies in Studio One, and also recording electric guitar parts (going straight in to the interface).

For those simple purposes, I would like to know how the AudioBox series compares in quality to the M-Audio M-Track series and Behringer U-Phoria series.

Would I have an important advantage using an AudioBox interface since it would be instantly recognized by and perfectly compatible with Studio One? :?:

Studio One 5 Pro
Acer Aspire desktop
Windows 10 i3 9th Gen 8GB RAM
Eris 3.5 monitors
Casio CTK-6000 arranger keyboard
by Trucky on Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:07 pm
PreSonus audio interfaces include the audio drivers needed for Studio One. Some actually include a version of Studio One with the interface. I'd recommend contacting a reseller that sells all 3 brands. They can help you compare the quality and specifications for each product.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by cristofe on Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:26 am
Stay away from Behringer interfaces, They do NOT write their own drivers but instead force you to use 3rd party ASIO4ALL drivers.....bad idea. I've had plenty of both Presonus and M-Audio devices. I would not buy any M-Audio devices any longer as they have been bought out by AVID and build quality has gone downhill. I admit I'm a Presounus fanbois, Most of my interfaces are Presonus. The latest Univseral Control drivers are rock solid, the preamps are excellent and Presonus hardware, of course, integrates very well with Studio One. That being said, I also have Roland and MOTU interfaces which I like and use. Focusrite, and Steinberg also make good solid interfaces.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1