4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Ok, this is a weird issue. I'm pretty sure I've successfully installed UC for Win7x64 on other machines before but it simply will not install on this particular machine. It's not a high powered unit. It's an HP Mini 5103. It's tiny which makes it convenient for live 2-trk recording. I also use it to run various software editors for hardware synths & fx.....which is why it's running Win7 as some of this software won't work with Win10. But Windows keeps giving me the 'ol "This version of Windows requires that drivers be digitally signed. The driver you are attempting to install is not digitally signed setup will not continue".....blah....blah.

It's not like I'm a noob....heck I used to be a member of "The Mod Squad". but this is most perplexing!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Trucky on Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:23 pm
Here's the latest UC release listed in downloads that included support for Win 7 SP1 x64:
https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downloads/products/release_notes/UC_3.2.1_Milestone_Release_Notes.pdf

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by cristofe on Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:49 pm
I appreciate the advice. But, as I said, I was a Presonus Moderator myself. Don't you think I first downloaded the current version v3.2.1.57677?? This IS the version that is failing to install. Just for the giggles, I did a clean un-install and tried an earlier version....no joy. It's a real head scratcher.

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by cristofe on Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:13 pm
PROBLEM SOLVED!! :thumbup:

Well fortunately, as a longtime Presonus user and former forum moderator, I've gotten pretty good at shoving square pegs into round holes. I have a full collection of EVERY driver ever released, (or unreleased...heh!), by Presonus. I tried EVERY UC driver. Not one would properly install on this machine. So I I went full prehistoric and used a pre-UC plain old Audiobox driver and I'm up and running.

The driver I used was ancient but it did the trick. It is AudioBox_Installer_v1_3_5653.exe. If any users come across the this problem and need one of these pre-UC drivers to get your AB iOne or iTwo up and running feel free to pm me. :mrgreen:

Oooh WOW!! I really need to update my system specs in my sig.....just a wee bit out of date....LOL!! :lol:

Cheers......Cristofe

4 posts
Page 1 of 1