2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Here's my dilemma.

I have the mix knob on the interface quite far on the the Input side, but past a certain point there's a significant drop in Playback volume. If I move right up against the mic, then I can hear myself clearly when tracking vocals, but it's causing weird resonances when singing rock vocals so close to the mic. (two very sharp peaks at 1.2 and 1.4 khz). I don't want to constantly change levels between playback and tracking.

I've been meaning to upgrade to an interface with DSP (like the Steinberg UR44C). Can I use their DSP monitoring to turn up my vocals in my own headphone mix without compromising anything else? Are there any advantages to picking the Studio 1810C over the Steinberg? I'd really benefit from their DSP compressor for things like streaming/podcasting/zoom meetings.

Studio One Artist 4 (with 3rd party VSTs unlocked)
Win10 Intel i7 10750H, 16GB RAM
Audient ID44 Mk II
by Bbd on Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:15 am
I moved out your duplicate post.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

2 posts
Page 1 of 1