1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I'm using Studio One 4 Artist for instrumental tracks, with a standard keyboard connected via USB with Studio One's built-in instruments (Mai Tai, Presence, etc).

With my previous laptop, I was able to plug the keyboard directly into the laptop's USB port, with 'Windows Audio' selected as the audio device, and I didn't have any noticeable latency at all. This new laptop is more powerful (11th gen Intel Core i5 2.70Ghz, 16Gb RAM), but for some reason, I have a lot of latency when recording, to the point where it's unusable. I've tried switching between the different available audio devices - Windows Audio, Realtek, and ASIO4ALL - and changed the settings as much as I can, but they all have problems with latency.

I've tried a Focusrite Scarlett Studio and when using the Focusrite drivers, all of the latency issues disappear. I'm guessing it must be something to do with the sound card on this new laptop (previous machine was an AMD processor, not sure if that makes a difference?).

I'm considering getting a USB audio interface and looking at the PreSonus AudioBox iOne. I was hoping to learn if this comes with its own drivers, similar to how the Focusrite Scarlett Studio works, and if using this as the audio device will work as an ASIO driver and solve the latency issues?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated! Thanks :)

1 post
Page 1 of 1