3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello, I'm a longtime firebox user. My 5 year old firebox started smoking and no longer works. Time for a new unit.

I am looking at the Audiobox vsl, however, I'm also interested in the itwo unit as well. I've been looking for something on the web to compare the itwo with the vsl as far as it's specifications go but I can't find anything.

I don't know if I will be using my ipad, but I like having that option open. Do the two unitls have the same preamps and other electronics inside of them? The only real difference I can see so far is that the itwo unitl works with the ipad and has a weird way of powering it'self.

Thanks
Jeffrey
by mwright137 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:01 pm
The way it was explained to me, the iTwo is right in the middle between the original AudioBox USB and the newer AudioBox 22 VSL. They are NOT the same preamps.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by PreSonuSales2 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:26 am
jeffreygibson wrote I don't know if I will be using my ipad, but I like having that option open.

If this is something that you're even considering, then I would recommend going with the iTwo. However, the Virtual StudioLive software that the 22VSL works with is still definitely worth checking out. Ultimately, I guess it comes down to what you want to be able to do with it.

mwright137 wroteThey are NOT the same preamps.

This is very much correct! The AudioBox 22VSL has the same XMAX preamps which are found in the StudioLive mixers. You can read more about the XMAX preamps by clicking here and scrolling down to the "High-end sound in a portable, roadworthy interface" section. The AudioBox iTwo has Class-A pre-amps. You can read more about the Class-A preamps by clicking here and scrolling down to the "Class A All the Way" section.

Inside Sales

*Please create a "signature" with your software and hardware specs to make it easier for us to help you... click HERE.

Home Setup: Studio 192 , Studio One Professional 3 (64 Bit), Eris E8s, Eris 4.5s, and Ceres 4.5s.
Office Setup: AudioBox 22VSL, Eris E5s, Studio One Professional 3 (64 Bit)

3 posts
Page 1 of 1