4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Okay, I have followed countless tutorials so I'm 98% sure its hooked up right.

here's my hardware I'm using.

-Aorus x7 dt v8 Laptop
-Audio-Technica ATH-M20x headphones
-SM58 Dynamic Microphone
-Presonus AudioBox iTwo Audio interface

Software I'm trying to use with Mic, Audio interface, and Headphones.

-Discord
-OBS
-Steam
-Any game

so what is happening... when i restart my computer and open Discord and OBS I can use mic and headphones. but as soon as i add a game I cant hear the game through the headphones.

so get out of everything and restart my computer again. then open up a game. the mic and headphones work perfectly but when i open Discord and OBS the mic and headphones dont work with those.

so basically the first two things I open work fine as far as sound and mic but the third thing wont. this also happens if the third thing is youtube or anything in a browser. :(
by matthewgorman on Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:05 pm
Try going in to devices in windows, rt click the Audiobox for properties, and make sure exclusive mode isnt checked.

A lot of software ofnthese types wont let you use multille audio applications at once.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by jaysonargento on Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:38 pm
Thanks Matt, I was hopeful but it didn’t work. I just don’t get it. Stay safe.
by frankkelly1 on Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:35 am
[Rather than starting a new post topic, I'm hoping to get some assistance here.]

I recently bought an AudioBox iOne to replace my Focusrite Scarlett (which was giving me some occasional crackling problems while recording).

I'm quite happy with the iOne, with one major exception: I'm not able to work with two applications running at the same time.
For example, if I have a DAW and a notation program running, I can't switch between them (as I could with the Focusrite). I have to shut one of them down.

I have made sure that Exclusive Mode is NOT enabled (Windows 10).

Thanks for any insights!
Frank

4 posts
Page 1 of 1