8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,
I've had my AudioBox One for years but really only plugged in my acoustic in it and I thought the sound was great.

I recently tried a few of my electrics and doesn't seem to sound clear. I'm not plugging them into a pedal or anything just into the interface.

Anyone have some suggestions they can share for getting a nice sound? Do most just plug it into the interface or are you using any particular pedals like Chorus or Distortion etc?

I'm not too savvy with this so any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!
by cristofe on Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:52 am
If you don't like the sound of your electric going straight into the instrument input just adding and effects pedal like a chorus will give you the same crappy sound with swishy effects! Many electric guitars especially cheap ones or those with active electronics have very low output. What you need is more gain. Either a direct box, (Radial makes the best IMHO), or a clean boost pedal should solve your problem. A google search will return lots of choices for either and both DI and clean boost pedals can often be found used cheap on eBay.

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW, make and model of your audio interface etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by frankdemaria on Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:58 pm
Thank you for the help! I will look into the clean boost pedal.
by cristofe on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:25 am
You're most welcome! Good luck finding your tone! Depending on what your budget is there's many
choices. I'd be happy to help you chose the best one in your price range. :mrgreen:

Cheers......Cristofe

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by frankdemaria on Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:33 pm
I'll keep you posted for sure. More to come!
by frankdemaria on Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:48 pm
Actually I did have another question. Would a noise suppressor pedal also be beneficial for this? I'm getting an insane amount of feedback.

Thanks!
by cristofe on Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:59 pm
Are you monitoring with speakers or headphones? If you are using speakers, (particularly pc speakers), they are VERY prone to feedback with a guitar. Pedals for reducing noise are called noise gates....there are also some plugins that do this. But generally, these things are used more to tame background noise in high gain live situations. If you're monitoring your audiobox going into your pc simply using headphones should eliminate this problem. You'll need to use phones anyway if you plan on doing any recording.

by matthewgorman on Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:09 pm
Dont sleep on the new Ampire if you have Professional.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

8 posts
Page 1 of 1