5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm new to the software world here and have my Roland TD-11K SV connected MIDI out to the Audiobox itwo in. The USB is also running to the computer because I have Studio on it and want to record. I can't figure out how to get the teens in studio to pick up the drums. I think the connections are right, but I'm quite lost.
by matthewgorman on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:04 pm
Connections are an either or. No need to use both. You can use the usb connection direct into the computer, then set up the external instrument for the send and return. You only need to worry about the return if you are going to have a midi track trigger the Roland for sounds you want to use in the Roland. If you are going to use the sounds in the daw for your songs, receive from is applicable.

You can use the AB to connect to the Roland and use it that way. When you set up the instrument in the daw this way, the send/receive would be the AB.

In either scenario, in the daw you then have to set up an instrument track, load that with a sound/sample for the drums, arm the track to record, make sure that the Roland device is selected to trigger that track in the plugin gui then start the recording process.

From the Start page in S1, at the bottom towards the middle, there is a link to set up external device. That is where you would set up the Roland, and IIRC, the Roland would be a "New Keyboard".

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by knight1ak on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:27 pm
Hi Matt, Thanks for that post. I too am new to this and in my searching I have seen the midi keyboard being connected to the computer through a midi hub. The audio box has midi in and out does this act the same way? Once connected to the audio Box I would just set my external device and go from there?

Dell Vostro 3700 I3, 8Gig, Windows 7 Professional 64bit. JBL monitors, Audio box 22 and 1818VSL, Studio One 2.6 Pro
by cristofe on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:01 am
A "midi hub" is simply a midi interface....the audiobox is simply an audio/midi interface.

Once connected to the audio Box I would just set my external device and go from there?

Yes......you might find this helpful:

phpBB [video]

In the future we can assist you better if you will provide a bit more info......if you will post your system specs (see my sig), we will be better able to trouble shoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we can't recommend a "simple fix"

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by knight1ak on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:00 am
Thank you for sharing that.

Dell Vostro 3700 I3, 8Gig, Windows 7 Professional 64bit. JBL monitors, Audio box 22 and 1818VSL, Studio One 2.6 Pro

5 posts
Page 1 of 1