5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello!

Right now my headphones are not receiving enough power (Volume is too low for my liking) from my Audiobox iTwo so i am looking for a solution to receive more power. Is there a amp i can connect to the audiobox to give the headphones more power?

Gear
    Software: Windows 10, Presonus Studio One 3
    Monitors: ADAM A77X, Beyerdynamic 770 & 990
    Audio Interface: Focusrite Saffire PRO 40
    Sound Modules: E-mu Proteus/2, Roland SC-880 & Integra-7
    Other: Faderport, Novation 61SL MkII
by cristofechabot on Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:44 am
There are MANY headphone amps available from MANY manufacturers including Presonus' HP2, HP4 & HP60

https://www.presonus.com/products/HP4

There's also this thing called Google. :mrgreen:
by SwitchBack on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:05 pm
Given that those BD phones can handle 100mW max and the iTwo can deliver 60mW @60 Ohms you will only gain 2dB for power and another 2dB for impedance if you can find a HP amp that can deliver 100mW into 250 Ohms. That's only 4dB more in total, coming at the risk of blowing up the phones. Not sure if that's worth it.
by benoitpeeters on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:18 am
Same problem here, had to buy a External Amplifier for headphones....

no mention that I got preamp issues for my Mic too... input level tooooooooo weak, got to put at the (almost) maximum level to pick some sound with the mic, then it jump in the reds...

It is a piece of crap that iTwo!
by SwitchBack on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:54 am
Have you considered that this might a problem of your own making?

The iTwo outputs and the BD phones both perform to spec. It is you who put them together. In general high impedance phones are not a smart choice for connecting to battery powered gear. And in general it is not a good sign when you need phones to work at the max of their specs. Maybe the wrong phones for your working conditions? Or maybe bad ears?

5 posts
Page 1 of 1