6 posts
Page 1 of 1
When the band is away I sing to our backing tracks. I need to create some for our old originals.

How do I pull my vocals out of old recordings to make karaoke type tracks using Studio One 3? There are lots of tutorials online using other or older products:
i.e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Nfmq9Sd34

but what is the best way to do it taking advantage of SO3 bells and whistles?

What I would normally do with Audacity or similar is:
1. Flip mono channels to cancel out middle tracks (which are usually vocals).
2. EQ - to put the bottom end back in.

Not being as familiar with SO3 can someone please help me by providing step-by-step instructions?
Even something as simple as "first use this tool to do this, then use this tool to do that" would get me started.

I asked support and they sent me here.
by jpettit on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:49 pm
First, Support is for Presonus products.
IMHO your best rout: http://www.karaoke-version.com/custombackingtrack/

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Steve Carter on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:20 pm
Check out 'Waves Centre'currently on promo. It might do what you want used on your tracks as-is.

Alternatively (and I haven't tried this!) you could try duplicating the track then applying Waves Centre or other similar featured plugin. Process one track to pass just the sides and the duplicate just the centre and bounce to include the processing. Apply EQ to the centre only track to reduce significantly the vocal frequency range then re-mix the resultant tracks for your Karaoke version.

Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by bobbyolander on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:57 am
jpettit wroteFirst, Support is for Presonus products.
IMHO your best rout: http://www.karaoke-version.com/custombackingtrack/

Hmm,

1. these are for my originals not posted on karaoke version to pull my own vocals out of my recordings with my band Narcoleptic Spiders (for when they are not around and I still have a solo gig to play). So this suggestion is off target and a little insulting.

2. I am using the free trial and am considering PreSonus Studio One 3.5.

With new recording products how clear the directions are, and what instructional help is avail, tells me I can do anything. I asked for instructions for a pretty easy task to see if I that was an issue with Presonus. I can already do this in well-documented products like CakeWalk or Audacity.

Presonus Support sent me here for help, the users manual did not address it, no online videos for this for Studio One 3x, and your reply was less than helpful.

Propeller support was all over this and they had well documented step-by-step instructions avail online plus youtube videos to help.

I am finding out what I needed to know I guess.
by bobbyolander on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:28 pm
Steve Carter wroteCheck out 'Waves Centre'currently on promo. It might do what you want used on your tracks as-is.

Alternatively (and I haven't tried this!) you could try duplicating the track then applying Waves Centre or other similar featured plugin. Process one track to pass just the sides and the duplicate just the centre and bounce to include the processing. Apply EQ to the centre only track to reduce significantly the vocal frequency range then re-mix the resultant tracks for your Karaoke version.
Regards....

--------------------------------------
Thanks Steve, This is helpful.

The steps you describe above are exactly what I am trying to do using Presonus Studio One 3.5.
These steps are what I do in Cakewalk and Audacity to create tracks I can sing to, but they use different tool names and I assumed Studio One 3 has some cool features/tools that would make the end result even better than I get with other tools.

Thank you for the tool names too. Now armed with the correct Presonus tool names I can research how to use each of them separately in the tool's online help manual. :)
by Steve Carter on Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:19 pm
Glad to be of help Bobby. I'm sure that once you've sorted out a method that works for you, you'll find S1 to be fast and effective for your future needs.
Good luck and regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!

6 posts
Page 1 of 1