5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Greetings!
I have iTwo with UC v2.0 and Windows 10 x64, сonnected to usb 2.0 on the back.
And I have a problem when playing sound:

The default setting is 48 kHz. When I start playback in the browser or in the player, at the very beginning I hear a loud click. In the control panel, the frequency changes back to 44 kHz.
With the default 44 kHz, the click is still heard almost always when playback starts.

As I understand it, this click will come when the sampling frequency is automatically changed, even if the default frequency is 44 kHz.

I tried using AudioBox iTwo Studio v1.3 driver, where this problem is not observed. But, after running Cubase or Reason and then closing it, I can not hear the sound in other programs and Windows itself until restart the PC. So I went back to UC v2.0.

How can I fix this problem? These clicks are very annoying.
by Spyrofunk on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:31 am
The exact same thing happens here. Is not a loud click but definitely a click. Happens at all frequencies and sample rate.

Happens when a system sound plays for example. And happens when something didn't play for about 4s. Seems like the interface gets into some sort of idle mode internally and wakes up when a sound is played.

Highly annoying!!! and happened since day 1... on different computers. Laptops and Desktop PCs.

My iTwo is primarily for system sound and browsers. I have two Presonus Firestudio Project interfaces for ASIO to avoid any conflict.

Did you ask Tech support? I've had bad luck with them in several occasion and frankly I'm very tired of going through the same stupid routine with them.

EDIT: It seems like it doesn't happen if I put the MIX knob all the way to Playback.

PC: X570E / 5900X / 3090 / 64GB RAM
by igorguliy on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:00 pm
Spyrofunk wroteDid you ask Tech support? I've had bad luck with them in several occasion and frankly I'm very tired of going through the same stupid routine with them.

EDIT: It seems like it doesn't happen if I put the MIX knob all the way to Playback.

Hello!
I apologize for the delay in the reply.

Communication with tech support did not bring results.

On the laptop I was helped by the option of prohibiting the temporary power-off of the usb port in the power settings in the control panel. Try this method, maybe it will help.

On a stationary computer, the problem remained unsolved. Updating the driver to the latest version also did not help.

The mix control knob is always at the maximum right position, because when recording I do not use direct monitoring
by Spyrofunk on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:54 am
No solution for me either. Having the knob all the way to MIX didn't really solve anything.

PC: X570E / 5900X / 3090 / 64GB RAM
by SwitchBack on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:54 am
Three things to check:

1. Are you using the ASIO driver or are you using WDM? For several reasons ASIO is the preferred route.

2. Is Windows system sound turned off? System sound (key clicks etc.) is known to reset the audio bitrate.

3. Any other audio apps running? That may or may not do things to the audio engine or interface too, depending on the app.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1