4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I already have a StudioLive 24 AI and run sonar, Sibelius and StudioOne. The problem that I have is that Sibelius either locks up or crashes using the FireWire interface. I spoke both Presonus and at Sibelius support. Avid says its a Presonus problem and Presonus says it's Avid problem. Well when all is said and done it's now my problem eh?

Avid told me that Sibelius does not work well with FireWire and suggested I get a USB interface. The support person at Avid suggested a m-audio USB interface but I wanted to stay with the same hardware company so I went and ordered the Presonus AUDIOBOX-IONE. I won't see it until Tuesday so I depending on what here and support tells me I'll either accept it or send it back.

As I said, I wanted to stay with the Presonus brand and am hoping that that Presonus will work with me till it's resolved. I put in a ticket as well. My worry is that if there is an issue with the USB interfacing with Sibelius I'll have both companies blaming the other.

Thanks,
Steve

---------------Steve The Musicman----------------

Dell Optiplex 780 i5 16 gig ram, dual monitor, Sonar X3, Sibelius 7, Studio One Pro, Garritan JABB, GPO COMB Instant Orchestra, MidiQuest 11. AudioBox One, StudioLive 24AI, fader port, Lynx II, Roland JV-1080, 2080, 1010. Alesis QSR, DM Pro, Nano piano. Yamaha Motif RX, Vl70m/w Patchman rom
MidiMan 8x8, 4X4, 4X2. Studio Logic 900, Oxygen 25, Finger Trigger, Eventide reverb, DBX 166A, Line 6 Bass pod, Event 20/20 BAS. Ovation Adamas 1597, Fender active jazz bass, Epiphone 335 dot (Red of course). Yamaha wx5 and AKAI EWI 4000S wind controllers.
by mwright137 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:05 pm
I'm confused. You said that Avid says that Sibelius does not work well with FireWire. That sounds a lot like an Avid problem.

And did you submit a ticket for the iOne that you don't even have yet?

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by stevelewis1 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:08 pm
Hi,

I too believe it is an Avid problem, but I am willing to spend $121.00 for a USB interface if it will help me. The audiobox will get to me on Tuesday or Wednesday. I've used FullCompass for all my gear for at least 12 years, (yes, the same sales person too), so if I find it doesn't work with Sibelius, he'll take it back and send me the M-Audio board.

I entered a Presonus telephone Presales ticket for support on the audiobox, and I added the latest information to an existing ticket opened yesterday about the Sibelius issue. I always purchase a support contract with Sibelius so it's easy to get to them. I would love to purchase one for Presonus if I could.

You might ask why I am in such a rush. I can't help it. I am basically a bubble boy being treated by the NIH and I have a bad cancer that might not go away with chemo. So I would say that I tend to want purchases to go 2nd day at the minimum and i want to get issues fixed quickly.

I sincerely hope that I'm not being too much of a pest and, I apologize if I am, but keeping busy is a blessing, especially when it has to do with writing music and recording.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

---------------Steve The Musicman----------------

Dell Optiplex 780 i5 16 gig ram, dual monitor, Sonar X3, Sibelius 7, Studio One Pro, Garritan JABB, GPO COMB Instant Orchestra, MidiQuest 11. AudioBox One, StudioLive 24AI, fader port, Lynx II, Roland JV-1080, 2080, 1010. Alesis QSR, DM Pro, Nano piano. Yamaha Motif RX, Vl70m/w Patchman rom
MidiMan 8x8, 4X4, 4X2. Studio Logic 900, Oxygen 25, Finger Trigger, Eventide reverb, DBX 166A, Line 6 Bass pod, Event 20/20 BAS. Ovation Adamas 1597, Fender active jazz bass, Epiphone 335 dot (Red of course). Yamaha wx5 and AKAI EWI 4000S wind controllers.
by mwright137 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:04 am
Sorry to hear that and I hope and pray for your recovery.

PM me your ticket number and I'll see if I can follow up on it...

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website

4 posts
Page 1 of 1