2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Guys, this thing is so close to a home run. But you can't hook up USB MIDI to it, and the daggum iPad doesn't charge when hooked up to it.

How about:

In addition, or in place of standard MIDI, include a jack or two for USB MIDI. I would love to hook up my Keith McMillen Softstep and Volume Pedal to control Amplitube for live playback. And also something like an LDP8 to twiddle knobs. Now to do this, I have to hook up the iPad to a USB Hub (using the Camera Connection Kit) (the iPad is hooked up to the host connection on the HUB), and then the iTwo, Softstep and LDP8 to the USB Hub. Which has to be a powered hub, and of course the iPad isn't charging during use.

Just add a full on power connection, and allow your iPad jack to provide the full 2.1Amps to the iPad to charge.

I'd buy 2 more right now if you had these two things handled.

Right now, I'm in the process of getting a Surface Pro, as it has the USB ports needed, and I can connect everything up to it, iTwo, Softstep and LDP8 and still be able to charge the Surface, while running a full PC version of Amplitube.

Peace

Michael
by matthewgorman on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:00 pm
Whats up Michael. Presonus is actively farming at their answers site for software and hardware feature requests, by way of how the community is voting. head over there and enter the request.

http://answers.presonus.com/questions/u ... e-requests

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

2 posts
Page 1 of 1