10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Just got my Audiobox iTwo. I've got a guitar plugged into the input 1 and the AudioBox going into my ipad air. Using garageband at the moment.

I've noticed that the input knob doesn't gradually increase but instead goes up gradually until the last 14 inch of the turn, then makes a major increase in volume. Is this the way the box works, or do I have a faulty volume pot? Hope it's the knob.

Thanks.
by nealfox on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:44 am
Anyone have this problem?
by roblof on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:37 am
14 inch, thats like 35cm!

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by nealfox on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:08 am
Typo.

Should be 1/4 inch. :)
by Aph on Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:35 pm
Yes, of course. I complained a few months ago.
That's how it is.
I assume the taper of the potentiometer they use doesn't really match with the design of their preamp.
by nealfox on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:28 am
OK. So I guess we'll have to live with that.
Just wanted to make sure I didn't have a faulty machine.

Thanks.
by nealfox on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:54 pm
I did some more checking to see if this was on both inputs and on the mic as well as guitar.
It's global.
The manufacturer says he doesn't have this problem. I'll have to ship it back to Sweetwater and see if it happens on another unit. But I have a feeling that's just the way it's built.

Anyone else find this?
by amadeumagalhaes on Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:12 pm
I have this problem with my ione, but only on mic input.
by brianjones29 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:31 am
I'm having this issue as well, in fact I'm not getting any real output until I get to those last couple of notches in the dial and then BAM, huge output. I'm on my 2nd one as the first one did the same thing and I sent it back. I've used multiple different microphones and have gotten the same results, either with or with the phantom power turned on.
by basmeijer on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:50 am
nealfox wroteOK. So I guess we'll have to live with that.

Why should we, even if this affects ALL units that were made. Does it really make a difference if a frickup is that large if a manufacturer has to do something about it or not???

10 posts
Page 1 of 1