7 posts
Page 1 of 1
that you guys do a software update on the Audiobox that adds a virtual input, that allows me to record sound from my pc, so that I NO LONGER, have to use two audio interfaces??

This still baffles me to an aggravating degree; I have an M-Audio 24/96 Audiophile PCI card from 8 YEARS AGO, that allows me, ON ITS OWN, to record sound from my pc via a monitor/virtual input...(like say im watching a movie on my pc and i want to sample/record a soundbite from it, or a youtube vid, WHATEVER) i dont understand how noone thought of this as a basic feature, but instead i need to spend what? 250 bucks more on another/bigger/better interface, with stuff that i dont need, just to have the ability to record sound from my Desktop?? Because as of now, I'm using a Presonus Audiobox iTwo for my main interface, and my old M - Audio card for its virtual input!!
...Or add it to Studio One Pro somehow, i dont care, but this is driving me crazy.

C'mon guys....you cant tell me that this never came up, and and its not as if im asking for some crazy modification, as im pretty sure this is something that can be implemented on a software level.

Look out for the little guy....PLEASE!!(??)

(unless of course there is and has been another way, in which case ive totally been doing things wrong, however ive looked and this seems to be the only way)

Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, i7 3770, 8gb Ram ASROCK Extreme 77 Mobo, NVIDIA GeForce GT 620, Presonus Audiobox iTwo, Presonus Studio One Professional v3
by Lawrence on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:21 pm
Just use ASIO4ALL when you want to do that. It's free. If you don't know how to set that up, post back and I'll diagram it for you.
by scottvanderhoef on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:47 pm
yes please! i was just reading something bout that, and i never actually installed it because i think i misunderstood it, but it did come with my old/ second DAW(fl studio) and i always thought that i didn't need it because i had a separate SC. So now if im watching/listening to something and decide to sample it, whether its a DVD or online or whatever, i just switch the default output in my PC audio settings to the virtual input on the card and open wavelab and rip it. Sorry to ramble, but yes any help to make this easier and get that poor relic out of my rig would be stellar man. Thank You! :thumbup: :+1

Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, i7 3770, 8gb Ram ASROCK Extreme 77 Mobo, NVIDIA GeForce GT 620, Presonus Audiobox iTwo, Presonus Studio One Professional v3
by Lawrence on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:27 pm
No problem Scott. Happy to help. Follow this path, assuming you're on a desktop.

1. Open Windows Control Panel | Sound and see if your Stereo Mix recording input is enabled. This is Windows default "virtual" input. Anything that plays through your sound card will hit that path.

If you don't see it there, right click and select Show Disabled Devices and turn it on.

2. If your system is like mine, the analog recording input for your on-board sound card won't even be active for selection unless something is plugged into it. What I did was just plug in an old broken pair iPhone earbuds (into the recording input mini jack) so it would show up as an active playback selection.

Setup ASIO4ALL like below. This is recording from Windows Media Player....

So, when you want to record whatever the system is currently playing, switch to the ASIO4ALL driver (it should hold it's last settings) and switch Win control panel to play back via the on-board sound card.
by scottvanderhoef on Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:39 am
Hmmm....so the ASIO4all doesnt show up in the list for playback devices in windows?? because this seems like quite a long way round in terms of trying to be "sample ready", and its pretty much adding some steps and now, instead, the onboard sound to what im already doing ...i only say that because as of now, while using two soundcard i more or less have it patched in --I have the output from my pci m-audio soundcard, plugged into my desk mixer, and that is plugged into my presonus interface. So currently all i have to do when i want to record sound from my PC, is to just switch the default output for playback in windows, then open S1, or wavelab to record, arm a channel, and record the input sent to the presonus interface via mixer plugged into the presonus interface. See even if i do it this way, based on my current setup and the need for the process to be quicker, i can just re enable my onboard sound and run a jack from it to the mixer, and thats no different. I need to be able to have, just as i did when i was only using just my old m-audio(which has the additional monitor output as a virtual channel) to be able to open my recording software and arm the channel based on nothing more than additional available virtual input for recording.

by scottvanderhoef on Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:55 am
i mean i understand why/how the asio4all works, but its still something thats relying on another soundcard, when i just need a virtual input/output(ironically, like i have on the m-audio dinosaur, and even the awful soundblaster from WAY back) at that point, all i had to do, was open up wavelab, and select "monitor input" in the recording options then whatever was playing on my pc, whether it be a dvd, or a mkovie online or just any sound from my pc, would come shining thru on the record panel.

by scottvanderhoef on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:44 am
Ok...please mods PLEASE pass it along.......install something like this http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/ in the next update for at least the i-two....i really don't see what the issue is. Im no software guru, but i know adding a virtual input cannot be that difficult and it saves the person with said gear from having to use two soundcards, which is completely unnecessary just be able to record the sound coming from my computer. I mean because of that free program, the issue seems to solved for me either way, but it would be good to see Presonus to step that up(you should not be surprised at the amount of folks who use their Production Computer PC/MAC for recording and if Im wrong and I'm missing something that makes it even easier that would be great. Thank you either way for great product and still listening to the big picture.

I Love You mofos ;) Big Up Presonus

7 posts
Page 1 of 1