Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

my band is thinking about using the Studio One Show Page for our concerts. We want to use backing and ambient tracks for certain situations.
But we are not shure how to use the page practically.
Of course we need a PC in our Live-Setting, but do we have to trigger any change in the song via mouseclick? Could we use a system like the Roland SPD-SX for triggering?

Thank you very much in advance.
Lompecard
by wzrdwizitch on Tue May 09, 2023 5:00 pm
You certainly can use the show page. If you set up the backing tracks correctly you can trigger each song to play just by hitting the space bar. It's even better when you use the Studio One remote on a tablet. This gives you a touchscreen functionality that allows you to select songs from your playlist on the fly and even replay specific sections of the song as required. The secret is in setting your songs up well to begin with.

With my studio setup I have Studio One running on a touchscreen pc which makes things really easy. No mouse required once the work of setting up the backing tracks is done.

I've found it best to keep it simple and just use S1 to play backing tracks, like bass, drums synths and bvs. I mix them all down to a single stereo track. To avoid any latency issues I just plug my interface output into my PA mixer like any other stereo instrument and avoid trying to use Studio 1 for any live effects. While you can use effects and program effect patches to change as required in practice I find latency becomes an issue. My pc is pretty average though so if you have really fast machine you may get better results.

Hope this helps. :)

2 posts
Page 1 of 1