Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've just purchased a brand new mixer because I was impressed with my mates but it doesn't come with the USB Wireless Adapter and it looks like it's impossible to buy one or I don't know where I'm looking.
So is there a compatible one that works?

Thanks
by SwitchBack on Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:41 am
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

Which mixer is that? AFAIK only the (discontinued) second generation StudioLive mixers came with a wireless usb adapter option, so brand new should hardly be possible :?:
by davidpoole7 on Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:29 am
Thanks for your quick response.

It is the 16.0.02 USB and I was told it would work before buying.
It is no great problem if it doesn't but it would be nice.

I have worked with two other Presonus mixers, one being the Firewire version, that did this and we connected to the Soundman's phone.

Dave
by SwitchBack on Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:18 pm
The 16.0.2 is a first generation StudioLive mixer really. Originally it came with a firewire interface but with firewire being phased out by computer manufacturers PreSonus re-issued this popular model with a usb interface.

So the 16.0.2 doesn't have the usb dongle option. But when you install the Universal Control app on the computer connected to the mixer, and QMix-UC on your phone then that will give you remote control too.
by davidpoole7 on Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:43 am
Sorry for the late reply, been busy gigging.

OK, it's not a big problem.
Once everybody has been given their monitor mix it should never need changing.

Dave

5 posts
Page 1 of 1