Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just signed up with Sphere. I don't do any recording or production. Just live application. Does anyone know what is a popular plug-ins and compressor to use for VOCAL in Sphere? And also what is a good combination for FXA and FXB.. eg. Reverb/Delay. and which of the plug-ins for reverb and delay to use? ..Please help
by wahlerstudios on Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:09 pm
Actually you don't really need 'more' than the original compressor of the Fat Channel. But the Fat Channel comes with two 'modeled' compressors as part of the mixer's firmware and you can download the "PreSonus Bundle" of compressors (2) and equalizers (2) for free in the PreSonus Shop. If you have bought your Series III mixer new, you have access to the "Fat Channel Collection - Vol. 1", which includes 5 modeled EQs and 6 modeled compressors.

FX A and FX B are separate effect buses and can not be 'chained'. There will always be two sends and two returns. What you can do is to involve Studio One and use the DAW's processing. DAW's allow the use of effect chains, but a simultaneous working with UC Surface and Studio One is difficult. You should use two screens or two tablets...
by mayaradeva on Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:10 am
I bought series 3 but I don't have it Fat Channel Collection - Vol. 1", which includes 5 modeled EQs and 6 modeled compressors.
by SwitchBack on Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:35 am
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

My advice: Start with the standard EQ and compressor that come with the mixer. They are quite good and have dedicated knobs for all the parameters that you find in discussions about EQs and compressors. (The modeled units often have fewer knobs with less obvious functionality). The visual feedback you get from the standard EQ and compressor is also way more revealing that what you get with the modeled units. And then read up and learn to get the best out of them, to know what to listen for. As you need that first to reap the benefits of the Channel Collection. My $.02 :)

4 posts
Page 1 of 1