Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
HI,

There are two headphones from the same company, but only need to buy one set. The tech specs are nearly identical, but one is listing as studio monitoring headphones ($150), and the other is listing for studio mixing headphones ($70). Please give me some advice.
by jasonpocorus on Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:03 pm
Following

Guess: Spend the money if you can.

Recommendation: I love my Shure SRH440 cans

I type in monotone.
Usage of caps, bold, italic, or underline intended as emphasis and not yelling.
Yelling comes with angry emoji

Always joking around and busting everybody's chops. It's not intended to be insulting

OnStage AS800 FET Condenser Mic, SM57, AudioBox iTWO, Shure SRH440 monitoring headphones,
CAD monitoring headphones, pair of 5" JBL LSR2325P, Studio One 5 Artist, Windows 10 64 bit HP Envy x360 convertible

***PLEASE speak slowly and dumb it way down. Total n00b here. No clue what I am doing, computer illiterate, and A.D.D..

Rock on, good people! :punk:
by deanpham on Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:30 am
I have the Shure SRH400 too, but thinking to return for an exchange. I couldn’t listen for more than three songs and it started to irritate me. It was like a brick on my head. I was wearing from my forehead to reduce the weight pressure. My ears got warm and sweaty after the 4th song. Without a doubt, the Shure cans make Adele’ voice many times better, but it destroys Lady Gaga - no bass. If you are into vocal and neutral Eq then it’s a good choice. I like some bass.
by jasonpocorus on Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:32 am
Studio headphones are specifically designed for a flat response

I type in monotone.
Usage of caps, bold, italic, or underline intended as emphasis and not yelling.
Yelling comes with angry emoji

Always joking around and busting everybody's chops. It's not intended to be insulting

OnStage AS800 FET Condenser Mic, SM57, AudioBox iTWO, Shure SRH440 monitoring headphones,
CAD monitoring headphones, pair of 5" JBL LSR2325P, Studio One 5 Artist, Windows 10 64 bit HP Envy x360 convertible

***PLEASE speak slowly and dumb it way down. Total n00b here. No clue what I am doing, computer illiterate, and A.D.D..

Rock on, good people! :punk:

4 posts
Page 1 of 1