Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

Apologies for posting in this Forum but I didn't see a Classified forum here although this is not exactly a For Sale post as;

a. I do not know whether this would be allowed
b. I have not fully decided whether to sell it all at the moment although I seem to be edging closer to this decision.

I was wondering whether anybody would be able to give me an idea as to what my equipment might be worth please so I can pitch it at the right price having been out of the Live Music scene since my singer/songwriter friend tragically passed away in 2016. :cry:

I purchased my StudioLive16.0.2 Classic brand new from Andertons here in the UK on 28th December 2013 for £829 and the StudioLive RM16AI used on 3rd February 2016 for £600.

The 16.0.2 was used 13 times between 2014-2016 and really is in mint condition, boxed and comes with its genuine PreSonus backpack, dust cover & unused rack ears. I even have a set of magnetic labels because I never would have stuck tape on my mixer to identify the inputs!

Not that I really needed to as I only had vocals, acoustic guitar from a Radial DI box and on one occasion a harmonica going through it anyway!

The original owner of the RM16AI used it in his Home Studio and both mixers have been registered with my PreSonus account from around the purchase dates mentioned above.

I fitted the RM16AI into a Gator flight case along with a DBX DriveRack PA2, Lexicon MX400 and MOTU 5-Port AVB Switch but never did get round to using any of it. Again I have the original manufacturers boxes for all of this gear although the RM16AI box is covered in paint splashes(?) if I remember correctly!

I did purchase the PreSonus Dante Mix card from Music Matter in June 2016 and have the AVB card and a PreSonus PRM-1 measurement microphone also all brand new, unused and never even taken out of their original boxes.

The gear was always spoiled to death and has been stored in the house for the last 5 years so really is mint.

To complete what was my live rig in addition I also have a pair of QSC K8 active monitors along with the manufacturers tote bags used at the same time as the 16.0.2 and a matching KSub that has never even had a cable plugged into it. Like my other gear this is all boxed.

I even have the genuine QSC K8 outside covers unused and the KSub padded cover along with a pair of Ultimate TS-70B aluminium speaker stands for the K8's.

If you thought that was a lot of gear you should see what the rest of my Pro Music list looks like! I find it difficult to remember what it was like to have more money than sense back in the day! ;)

As I have been a world removed from the Live Music scene for the past 5 tears I was hoping some kind soul might be able to give me a steer on guide prices for the PreSonus items and possibly the QSC gear also please?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 Firmware 0.98f Build 219
PreSonus StudioLive RM16AI Firmware 1.0.7784
MacBook Pro 2.3GHz i7/16GB/1TB SSD/El Capitan 10.11.6
MacBook Air 1.7GHz i7/8GB/512GB SSD/El Capitan 10.11.6
Universal Control 1.7.3 (1.6.5742 Driver 4.2.0.39752)
Universal Control AI 1.5.0.36497
UC Surface 1.8
Studio One Professional 3.2.0.36707
Capture 2.2.0.36497
SL-Remote 1.5.5503
QMix 1.3.5508
QMix AI 1.2.29258
iPhone 6S iOS 9.3.4
iPad Air 2 iOS 9.3.4
by wahlerstudios on Thu May 13, 2021 7:07 am
It's not a real good time for selling equipment at the moment, but there definitely is a demand for the Dante card. The reason for this is that PreSonus is now offering a AVB-Dante bridge, which allows to connect AI and Series III mixers via Dante and AVB. In Europe the price for a new Dante card is 529 Euro.

The mixer has the "FireWire problem", which means that it's difficult to find a computer with FireWire. But as the mixer is nearly new, it is interesting for people who need to replace their old 1602 FW and do not want to buy a 1602 USB model.

The RM16AI is not really interesting anymore, also because of the FireWire/computer problem. The mixer might be interesting for someone who needs to replace the AVB card. There have been several requests lately in Facebook groups.

The MOTU AVB Switch and the Radial DI Box are still worth their money, the Lexicon not so much. I can't say anything about QSC because it's not a popular name here in Europe. The PreSonus microphone is a nice "give away", flightcases and racks are always in demand.

Hope this helps.
by glynhughes on Sat May 15, 2021 10:09 am
Thanks for taking the time to reply although it seems from what you've said the Dante card might even be worth more than the Rack Mixer! :o

A band have expressed interest in the 16.0.2 along with the QSC gear so all I have to do now is decide whether I should keep it or sell it? :?

If I sell it that would probably give me the nudge to sell everything I have which a quick count-up shows to comprise of 92 hardware items not including a gig box full of quality cables or the 107 Waves Plug-Ins that I never used! :shock:

Thanks again & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 Firmware 0.98f Build 219
PreSonus StudioLive RM16AI Firmware 1.0.7784
MacBook Pro 2.3GHz i7/16GB/1TB SSD/El Capitan 10.11.6
MacBook Air 1.7GHz i7/8GB/512GB SSD/El Capitan 10.11.6
Universal Control 1.7.3 (1.6.5742 Driver 4.2.0.39752)
Universal Control AI 1.5.0.36497
UC Surface 1.8
Studio One Professional 3.2.0.36707
Capture 2.2.0.36497
SL-Remote 1.5.5503
QMix 1.3.5508
QMix AI 1.2.29258
iPhone 6S iOS 9.3.4
iPad Air 2 iOS 9.3.4

3 posts
Page 1 of 1