Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Hope everyone is well in the current circumstances.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this? I am trying to create some chorus backing vocals for a song that I am working on but I need the vocals to sound as if they are being sung/shouted by a crowd of people.

Wondered if anyone has had any success in doing the same?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Tony,
by wahlerstudios on Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:13 am
Hi, and welcome to the Forum! I suppose, you are using Capture to record the tracks, so what you can do is to delay the signals inputs when playing them back to the mixer. Each input channel as well as all outputs have the input delay option, so use different settings (time) to make the voices sound more like a choir. You can do the same when using Studio One. If you happen to have some kind of pitch plug-in, this can also support what you are trying to acchieve.
by tonyfitzgerald on Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:29 pm
Hi....and thank you for the welcome....good to meet you and thank you for your feedback!

Yes, thats exactly what I need and I've worked out how to do that.

Any idea if there is some kind of 'white noise' effect, so that once I have mixed in different layers of voices , I can add to make it sound like a huge crowd (ala, the noise of a crowd in a stadium)?

Thank you again for any help!

Tony.
by wahlerstudios on Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:55 pm
Usually you're happy when your mixer does not produce any noise, but I think I know what you mean. The mixer and Capture do not have a noise filter/plugin, but Studio One has. Another option you could try, or actually two options, are:

1) use Chorus and Flanger to "widen" the sound and
2) duplicate the tracks by copying them to another track.

That's actually the easiest way to "multiply" voices. Then delay and process them. But I woudn't expect a choir become a mass in a stadium... ;-)
by matthewgorman on Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:49 pm
tonyfitzgerald wroteHi....and thank you for the welcome....good to meet you and thank you for your feedback!

Yes, thats exactly what I need and I've worked out how to do that.

Any idea if there is some kind of 'white noise' effect, so that once I have mixed in different layers of voices , I can add to make it sound like a huge crowd (ala, the noise of a crowd in a stadium)?

Thank you again for any help!

Tony.

If you have the professional version, there is a tone generator plug. Otherwise you could probably find a wav file online for noise

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

5 posts
Page 1 of 1