Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I own a 2009 original Studiolive console. Has worked great. I'm thinking about getting another (larger) console, likely 24 channels.

Could I chain both non-AI and AI consoles together for FireWire recording, either through a second card in the pc or by contacting them together? This would be in the event I need 25+ channels.

Studio One Pro version 5.5.1
Win11 (i9 12900K)
64gb DDR4 RAM
M.2 Hard Drive
GeForce 3800
RME UFX+ (USB3.0)
Ferrofish Pulse 16 (ADAT)
Ferrofish Pulse16MX x2 (MADI)
Midas M32 (MADI)
by mwright137 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:54 pm
They are not made to chain together so it is not supported.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by SwitchBack on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:03 am
The only way I can think of is to record both desks separately and then to import all tracks in a StudioOne session. Linking the mixers tru firewire is not possible because the legacy mixer is FW400. That would set the AI mixer to FW400 too and limit the channel count to 52x52.

It may be possible, on a really fast computer, to get away with two firewire cards. And on a Mac it may even be possible to then aggregate both audio interfaces into one massive interface. But don't count on it. Have a backup plan. :)

3 posts
Page 1 of 1