Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Can you use Capture to load pre made DAW backing tracks and use them for live playback with a band? The problem I am having is that with my current method I am creating the song, (Uptown Funk for example) then panning all the audio hard right and the click hard left. After much experimentation I have found that many of the audio tracks I purchased have both right and left mixed together and I am losing all "depth" ......my idea, through capture, is to run each track to pre assigned channels on my presonus, (backup vox, extra guitars, keys, percussion...etc) panned to the center so I regain right/left pan then running the click always to ....say channel 24 and panning hard left, assigning that channel to an "AUX" then sending it back to the drummers mixer via AUX, giving him his separate click. I have 30+ songs with backing tracks spread between 50 or so total broke into 5 sets and want to use Capture or Studio2 as my playback source on stage live.... Is this do-able? Realistic?
by wahlerstudios on Sat May 06, 2017 3:58 pm
You can load any WAV file into Capture and place it to any track and any time position you want. I am not sure how this works with stereo tracks (can't check it because equipment is ready for loading). Probably you have to create a stereo channel first if you want to load a stereo track. Any track is played back to your mixer on the corresponding channel (track 1 = channel 1, track 32 = channel 32), so you can do the routing and processing as you want and need.
by jackmurray on Sat May 06, 2017 5:47 pm
Thank you replying Wahlerstudio ..So say I dedicate Ch. 1-16 for the actual band instrument inputs (Vox, guitars, drums ...etc ....and 17 -23 for WAV tracks via Studio1(ch.17 is always WAV backup vox, ch 18-19 is always WAV guitars, ch20 is always WAV strings and so on when Im creating the songs in "stereo") If the click is always ch24 can I mono left it and AUX it back to the drummer without losing "stereo" on the rest of the trax? Does my question make sense?
by wahlerstudios on Sat May 06, 2017 7:21 pm
I don't know which mixer you are using. If it is a RM/RML16AI you have 16 physical channels which you can use for your instruments and 16 FireWire or network inputs, which can be fed by Capture or Studio One. Please note that it is not possible to use Capture and Studio One simultaneously and channel linking is always 1+2, 3+4 ... 19+20, 21+22 ... 31+32.

I try to understand your question about the click. You can place any signal (input, track) anywhere in a Stereo image. Of course the click should not be heard on stage, so you would give your drummer a Stereo aux mix with the click mixed into in it wherever and how loud he needs it. If he would use QMix or UC Surface, he could adjust the levels in his aux mix himself. Of course you could also use a separate aux mix (mono) with the pure click signal, if he wants to have this separate on his mixer.

Hope this answers your question.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1