Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi folks,

Just thought I would post this up on here for thoughts and opinions.

Last year my covers band started introducing click tracks for keyboards, synths etc on a few tracks in the set. The live band line-up is, 2 guitars, bass, drums, lead singer. Me and the other guitarist also sing backing vox. The idea behind it was to open up our options for new material, and to move towards a more pro sound if you will.

Gradually we introduced a few more tracks each gig to the point where now we have over 60 tracks in the bag.

So far it's worked really well and the feedback we have received from clients and venues has been overwhelmingly positive, with many saying it's enhanced our sound and made us sound a lot bigger and professional.

Anyway with the tracks well embedded into the set now, I have been given the task of producing a recording to go on our Facebook page as well as our Website. No pressure!!

The consensus in the band was rather than have full songs as audio examples, it would be best to have a montage of songs in one long clip, with fade ins and outs.

The attached recording was taken from a recent gig using our Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2 desk, recorded using Presonus Capture then edited and re-mixed / mastered using Presonus Studio one.

Any opinions and advice on the mix and general sound would be greatly appreciated.

I think it's a good idea to get opinions from other sets of ears, before I commit to putting it up on our Facebook page and website.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/arq41aprx5dhpgl/Halston Montage Mastered.mp3?dl=0
by matthewseymour on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:31 am
It's a nice sound. I'd be very happy to hire a party band that sounded like this. Being picky with the mix, I'd go for a bit more punch in the drums, particularly the kick and snare. Songs like Uptown Funk need a stronger kick drum. That said, overall it's a nicely balanced sound, and the harmonies are really great.

If you haven't done so already, I'd be tempted to shoot some video. Use a few action cameras to get some footage from on stage, towards the crowd, as well as you guys on stage. Use a load of cameras, put that together with a mix of the audio and you can produce a short 30 second promo that makes you look great.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1