Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I and am thinking about moving to Studio One for a simpler workflow. Can anyone who uses mostly MIDI offer some thoughts or insights? Good idea? Bad idea? Thanks.

Win 8.1/64, 16GB RAM, 254TB SSD system drive. 2TB audio drive, 2TB sample library drive, Studio One 3, Notion 6, Cubase 9, Sonar 2016, Too many instrument and FX plugins to mention.
by Tuoni64 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:01 am
Hi,

S1 3 is a great DAW for lots of stuff but there are still a few gaps for us orchestral composers!!

They've filled a lot of them over the last releases which is super-encouraging but still a way to go before they match Cubase.

I prefer it anyway - is a much lighter environment with good productivity which I like.

The video is not as sophisticated however you can still do large templates and make some good music. My main gripe is still the tempo track not being a linear thing - is so important for sound to video.

In my opinion for composing S1 is second to none - compose with S1, arrange with S1 and if you need to sync to video move it elsewhere - else S1 will hadle it all ;-)

Cheers,

Jason.

Hey Jay - hope things are going well for you dude!!

Studio One 6 (Windows 11 22H2) | Dorico 5/ Notion 6| Focusrite 18i20 | Korg D1 | Hammond SK1 | Korg Prologue 8 | Sledge 2.0 | Maschine MK3 | Faderport 8 | X-Touch One|Self-designed Hardware Synths

https://www.yizakat.com

Friend of Bill

by jBranam on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:59 am
you as well jason :) you knew i watch everything lol even if i don't post :)

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯

3 posts
Page 1 of 1