Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Greetings I have a macbook pro hokked up to my Studiove 16.4.2 mixer and it works well. I recently acquired an iPad to test SL remote.

I hooked up the local network and both the macbook and the iPad communicate. So i have UC launched and then the SL Remote is launched.

Now for problem #1. It does not display the UC on the iPad. What did I do?

problem #2 I cannot get audio from the headphone jack of net macbook. I would like to have that feature.

I plan on using the macbook for aux send control to the a/v mixer and the iPad control the live sound.

Software versions

Macbook..... OS x 10.9.5

UC ..... 1.6.5742

so-remote unknown atm.

My church staff would appreciate what to do next.
by wahlerstudios on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:46 am
I suppose you are talking about a SL 16.4.2 (series I), so this thread actually belongs to the forum "StudioLive classic". You may want to have a look at that forum. There is a lot of helpful information waiting for you...

You may also have a look at the download page page of your mixer. Here is the link: http://www.presonus.com/support/downloads/StudioLive-16.4.2. It is very important to have matching versions of firm- and softwares. Also please read the information about updating firmware versions. For your mixer, computer and iPad this is the "latest & greatest":

Firmware Version 1.50a, build 190
Universal Control 1.7.4 v5773
SL Remote 1.5 for iPad
QMix 1.3 for iPhone and iPod Touch

You need a FireWire connection to transport audio to your computer. You will probably need a 400/800 "bilingual" cable (don't use adaptors!); the mixer has come with a FireWire 400/400 cable. You will find a lot of information about all this in the Knowledge Base. A FireWire connection will also allow direct "UC" control of your mixer without the need of a network.
by UCC in Bayberry on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:18 am
Thank you very much. Looks like i will have to update UC and verify SL remote version.

I will also go to the Studio Live forum and see what other help is there.

Again thank you.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1