Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone, thanks for taking a moment to help a guy out.

Here is my situation, I am a Karaoke DJ
I use the 16.4.2AI mixer connected with firewire to my Macbook Pro

I play the songs on the Mac and send it to the 16.4.2AI over the firewire 800

So what I'm trying to do is record both the Karaoke song and the vocals coming from the mixer
(Main) to the Mac.

I don't care what format, I just need a solution that's quick so I can give the file to the singers.

This is probably like a Baby question for most of you, but it aludes me still the same. I used to use a zed10fx USB and it worked easily, I can't believe I can't get this mixer to do it. I know it has to be ME!! :-)
by SwitchBack on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:59 pm
You can use the Capture master track. Default it records the main mix but you can set it to record e.g. a pair of auxes instead. The format will be WAV (pretty large files). Stopping the recording between songs avoids having to use an editor to cut up an evening spanning file into single song portions afterwards.
by petergrillone on Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:05 pm
Thank you, I figured out what I was doing wrong.
While trying to test it, I didn't have the speakers connected, just my headphones. So i never thought to turn up the master fader volume.
Once I did that, Capture worked great, however I still don't think Im recording the vocal effects at the level I have them set in the mixer.
But I can live with it. Thank you again
Peter

3 posts
Page 1 of 1