Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
1 post
Page 1 of 1
Currently we have an AVB network setup between our Rm32ai and our Sl32.4.2Ai through a direct connection, both are in dynamic IP address modes. Currently to get the stage box mode to start, we connect both the Rm and the FOH mixer to a wireless router to assign the IP address, however over the past couple of months we noticed that sometimes our FOH mixer fails to connect to the router and the stage-box mode fails to start when the mixer is booted up. I am wondering if there is a way for us to connect both devices through the Ethernet cord directly without having to use a router to assign an IP address? I have the Rm set to static self assign mode and the FOH set to dynamic but when we restart the system without the router powered on even in this mode the FOH mixer still doesn't recognize the Rm to connect. Do both mixers need to be in static self assign for them to recognize one another without a router present? I want to still use the router for control but I do not want to have the system rely on it for starting avb when its powered on.

1 post
Page 1 of 1