Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm a newbie to this mixing board and mixing sound all together. I have the Studio Live 16.4.2 board. I'm learning the basics. I've got Mic and guitar into the inputs and out to mains and monitors. I have a computer input to the tape input in the back for backing tracks. It comes out the mains nicely. Can I get tape fed into my monitors from here? Thanks for any help and sorry for rookie questions. - D
by SwitchBack on Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:46 am
Hi, and welcome to this forum :)

Ha, that mixer is a dinosaur, and the very very very first of its kind. Yes you can have the tape input in your speakers by selecting "Tape" in the monitor section (under the monitor and phones knobs). You can have the tape input in your aux mixes too but that requires UC1.7.6 plus the latest firmware on the mixer. Have a look here for details.

Last remark: If you can then avoid using the rca connectors on the back of the mixer. They were a main suspect of causing permanent firewire failures on those mixers (ESD related?). Anyway, safer to use the Aux inputs (which you can use in main too, and in the Aux outputs when on latest firmware).

2 posts
Page 1 of 1