5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have recently purchased a Mac Pro and installed Studio One 2. Apparently I made an error with my external hard drive as Studio One would not recognize any of the save files, even though I had made sure they were done correctly. So I uninstalled Studio One, or at least I thought I had. I know that to uninstall a program on OSX you simply drag said file over to the trash can. I also know that there can be "residual" files that you need to remove as well. I did this and thought everything was fine. But when I go to reinstall Studio One, instead of giving me the install process, it just loads up Studio One as if it were still installed. Furthermore, it still will not save my files correctly. Can anyone tell me how to COMPLETELY uninstall and reinstall Studio One. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro
Processor: 32.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Software: OS High Sierra v10.13.6
Studio One 4.1.0.49247 Professional
by -Luis- on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:48 pm
I'm gonna recommend what I use to uninstall apps AppCleaner and CCleaner, or if you don't like installing apps that are not on the App Store, you could try Uninstaller.
Hope that helps.
by woodsdenis on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:08 am
On a Mac trash the application first, then go to user/library/application support/presonus and trash the StudioOne folder there.

Mac Pro 3.33, 10.9.5 / Studio One 2.65 Pro / Cubase 8.10 / Live 9.2/ HD 96io
by roland1 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:22 am
On Macs, a complete uninstall may also require removing S1 VST/AU plugins and any invisible authorization file that was created. Other folders may also have been created in the system or user library that make these things a kind of treasure hunt/adventure. Great way to learn the innards of a Mac, though.

The simple dragging into the trash of an app. is for software that doesn't require interaction with audio or video settings, etc. As a long time Mac user, I enjoy the "uninstall" feature on my Windows based machines for its simplicity. Not sure if it does the full uninstall, but that is my impression.

But yeah, get an uninstaller program. It may help find those additional files.

I use: Studio One Pro v5 on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and 4.61 on a Mac Pro Tower (Sierra) w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.

Author: Reality Checks for Everyday Life — Keeping it real in a world of illusions. I can also be found loitering at: http://RolandK.ca

Attention all shoppers: The people in commercials are paid actors.
by woodsdenis on Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:51 pm
roland1 wroteOn Macs, a complete uninstall may also require removing S1 VST/AU plugins and any invisible authorization file that was created. Other folders may also have been created in the system or user library that make these things a kind of treasure hunt/adventure. Great way to learn the innards of a Mac, though.

The simple dragging into the trash of an app. is for software that doesn't require interaction with audio or video settings, etc. As a long time Mac user, I enjoy the "uninstall" feature on my Windows based machines for its simplicity. Not sure if it does the full uninstall, but that is my impression.

But yeah, get an uninstaller program. It may help find those additional files.

The method I described is what Presonus themselves advise, the key is in that folder as are all the settings. Soundpacks etc are stored in a different user location and have no bearing on the program. There are no specific Studio One AU/VST plugins ? All global plugins are stored in library/audio/plugins. There should be no need to uninstall these. There are no hidden files

Mac Pro 3.33, 10.9.5 / Studio One 2.65 Pro / Cubase 8.10 / Live 9.2/ HD 96io

5 posts
Page 1 of 1