15 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello

I'm trying to find a method to place an effect, say EQ, on multiple channels without going through the motions of placing the same effect on each channel independently.

I tried holding the ALT key down after selecting all the channels that were going to get the effect, then dragging the effect onto one channel but that only places a single effect in that particular channel.

Thanks for your suggestions

T6970 8 GB Ram, Windows 7 64 Bit
Presonus Studio One Producer
by Funkybot on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:06 pm
Highlight the tracks in the mixer, and just click and drag the EQ from the browser to one of the insert bins. It will make one copy on each of the selected channels.

If you've already got the EQ on a channel's insert bin, then just select/highlight the remaining channels and click and drag into one of the highlighted insert bins.

It's as easy as can be.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by SwitchBack on Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:18 pm
If you want identical EQing on all those channels then you probably want to send those channels to a bus, and insert the EQ in the bus.

So
- send all channels to a bus (and not to main)
- the bus will send to main
- and insert the EQ in the bus

This yields better results than trying to insert identical EQing in each channel and it is also easier on the processor.
by psalmteen on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:29 pm
Funkybot wroteHighlight the tracks in the mixer, and just click and drag the EQ from the browser to one of the insert bins. It will make one copy on each of the selected channels.

If you've already got the EQ on a channel's insert bin, then just select/highlight the remaining channels and click and drag into one of the highlighted insert bins.

It's as easy as can be.

I already tried that. It's not working for me for some reason.
I use the old Studio one Producer, is that the reason I'm having this issue?

by psalmteen on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:32 pm
SwitchBack wroteIf you want identical EQing on all those channels then you probably want to send those channels to a bus, and insert the EQ in the bus.

So
- send all channels to a bus (and not to main)
- the bus will send to main
- and insert the EQ in the bus

This yields better results than trying to insert identical EQing in each channel and it is also easier on the processor.

You're right about it being easier on the processor however, there are times that I will need the EQ, or whatever else, on each channel.
Drums are one instance of this with my needing to EQ the Snare, TOm, etc . . . individually and then out to a Bus

by Funkybot on Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:57 pm
psalmteen wrote
Funkybot wroteHighlight the tracks in the mixer, and just click and drag the EQ from the browser to one of the insert bins. It will make one copy on each of the selected channels.

It's as easy as can be.

I already tried that. It's not working for me for some reason.
I use the old Studio one Producer, is that the reason I'm having this issue?

I think it was introduced in the version 3 lifecycle so if you're on an older version, that's why.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by psalmteen on Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:19 pm
oK

that's the problem then. I'll have to do it manually then

Thanks

by Funkybot on Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:55 pm
psalmteen wroteoK

Thanks

It's worth picking up the upgrade. There's been a lot of great enhancements since 2.6.3. If anything, Presonus does the occasional sale.

by mikemanthei on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:17 pm
psalmteen wroteoK

If you have an aversion to upgrading due to financial or Hardware restraints, you can build a template with 20 or 30 tracks and pre-populate each of the channels with an EQ. Use that template for your starting point and just delete the tracks you don't need. Can be pretty handy

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by psalmteen on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:55 pm
Thanks for all the suggestions.

The template idea is worth doing since I'll have the need for it with 200+ channels for orchestration

by sirmonkey on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:04 pm
I had Studio One 2 Producer before, and sending to a bus worked just fine. I don't know why that's not working, but you could also create an FX channel, and send as many tracks to it as you want.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by psalmteen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:10 pm
sirmonkey wroteI had Studio One 2 Producer before, and sending to a bus worked just fine. I don't know why that's not working, but you could also create an FX channel, and send as many tracks to it as you want.

It's not my sending tracks to a bus that is the problem. I'm having trouble sending, or dragging, a single effect into multiple tracks or channels in one motion.

It works in Protools and I thought that I did it in Studio One Producer some time ago.

by sirmonkey on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:59 pm
psalmteen wroteIt's not my sending tracks to a bus that is the problem. I'm having trouble sending, or dragging, a single effect into multiple tracks or channels in one motion.

It works in Protools and I thought that I did it in Studio One Producer some time ago.

Oops- My bad...I misread something there. But I do have an idea to try: Group the tracks that you want an insert on (select the relevant tracks in the arranger, right click, and choose "Group Selected Tracks") Then drag a plugin on one of them, and see if they all get the plugin inserted on them. I don't know if that will work, but worth a shot.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by psalmteen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:38 pm
THanks for the suggestion

That does not work either.
I thought that I performed that operation though through a keystroke but it may have been in Protools.

by mikemanthei on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:42 pm
Can be difficult to keep all of the functionality separate when you're using multiple DAW's. I'm currently having that problem right now with video editors. Can't keep them straight in my head about which one does what

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S

15 posts
Page 1 of 1