15 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm wanting all meters to reset to zero/infinity.

Also, I have the level meters in the mixer expanded. When I went over zero, they gained red lines, but I can't get the lines to disappear.
by jpettit on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:46 pm
Resonant Serpent wroteI'm wanting all meters to reset to zero/infinity.

Also, I have the level meters in the mixer expanded. When I went over zero, they gained red lines, but I can't get the lines to disappear.

First are you talking in record/monitor mode correct? Because they only go read when monitoring.

To reset all reds select all channels and click the red and they will all go out.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Funkybot on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:11 pm
I really wish stopping and restarting playback reset the clip indicators. Sometimes I'll see one and think, no way I'm clipping, there's plenty of headroom, and I'll realize it was from when I was setting up the microphone a few takes earlier. I guess it's feature request time.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by Resonant Serpent on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:20 pm
Thank you for taking the time to answer.

I have the level meter plug expanded on two channels in the mixer. One is an instance of Kontakt, and the other is a regular bus with effects. I was playing with the levels, and went over zero on the channel and the bus. There are now red lines under the numbering on the expanded portion of the level meter plug. No matter what I do, I can't get the red lines to go away unless I shut down and reopen the song file.

I was looking for a way to reset all meters to zero on every channel. I know that you can scroll over the meter in a mixer channel, and it will tell you what the peaks are. But, even on channels that are freshly created that no audio has passed through, if you scroll over them, you'll get a reading. Also, I have the peaks set for infinity, but the marks disappear after a short while. So, infinity isn't infinity.

If we a had a numerical display of the audio level post fader right there on the channel, it would solve a lot of these problems.
by Resonant Serpent on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:22 pm
Funkybot wroteI really wish stopping and restarting playback reset the clip indicators. Sometimes I'll see one and think, no way I'm clipping, there's plenty of headroom, and I'll realize it was from when I was setting up the microphone a few takes earlier. I guess it's feature request time.

I'm going through the same thing sometimes, and agree with the feature request. Even a keystroke that would reset everything would work.
by jpettit on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:00 pm
Resonant Serpent wroteI have the level meter plug expanded on two channels in the mixer. One is an instance of Kontakt, and the other is a regular bus with effects. I was playing with the levels, and went over zero on the channel and the bus. There are now red lines under the numbering on the expanded portion of the level meter plug. No matter what I do, I can't get the red lines to go away unless I shut down and reopen the song file.
<== that is a horse of a different color. Thought you meant the S1 mixer.

I was looking for a way to reset all meters to zero on every channel. I know that you can scroll over the meter in a mixer channel, and it will tell you what the peaks are. But, even on channels that are freshly created that no audio has passed through, if you scroll over them, you'll get a reading. Also, I have the peaks set for infinity, but the marks disappear after a short while. So, infinity isn't infinity.
<== totally misunderstood you.
The only way AFAIK would be to set inf to 2 sec and let then reset that way.

If we a had a numerical display of the audio level post fader right there on the channel, it would solve a lot of these problems.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Lawrence on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:36 pm
Resonant Serpent wrote I can't get the red lines to go away unless I shut down and reopen the song file.

You can, but not from Micro View, only from the full plugin UI can you click the peak to clear it. That doesn't fill your FR for multiple channels though.

As a workaround, assuming all of them are in the first position, select the channels with red peaks in level meter and drop replace any instance of level meter from any other channel to reset them all in place (by copying the settings).
by Resonant Serpent on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:29 pm
Lawrence wrote
Resonant Serpent wrote I can't get the red lines to go away unless I shut down and reopen the song file.

You can, but not from Micro View, only from the full plugin UI can you click the peak to clear it. That doesn't fill your FR for multiple channels though.

As a workaround, assuming all of them are in the first position, select the channels with red peaks in level meter and drop replace any instance of level meter from any other channel to reset them all in place (by copying the settings).

Thank you.
by jpettit on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:38 pm
A picture would have helped. Still barely know what the issue was.
Sounds like it is an FR?
If so please add a picture to explain.
Thanks

by Lawrence on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:27 am
He means the red peak indicators below. You can't click them to clear them except by opening the full plugin UI and yeah, it's an FR for Answers I suppose.

by Lokeyfly on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:22 am
Typically wherever it peaks, it will often show at the main outs along the bottom transport (Bottom right) so I'll click it there to clear all. Mmv.

Don't need to refer to the full plug in size that way.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Lawrence on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:38 pm
That case with the plugin and it going over 0 above is pre-fader and is for the most part irrelevant in 32-bit float with a couple of corner case exceptions...

1. Printing 24-bit channel stems. (But again, that's a pre-fader measurement so it would only be valid and clip for a stem export if the fader was at unity gain. Stem exports are post fader.

2. Corner case really old plugins (old Waves) that operate internally at 24-bit.

Well, actually 3. If you drag and drop to render pre-fader stems to the File browser, anything over 0 will clip the file if the song resolution in Song Setup is 16 or 24-bit.
by Lokeyfly on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:21 am
If I get a chance later, I'd like to meter some things post fader. That might help prior to stemming and then getting the overload message.

But as you pointed out Lawrence, the 3 things that can influence that anyway, such as bit conversion.

Probably just another reason to not have levels so close to peaking in the first place, which we've pointed out in the past.

Anyway, I'll give this a try later.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Lawrence on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:41 pm
Note: This turned out to be a regression, not being able to clear those red peak indicators in Level Meter Micro View with the mouse by clicking on them. It works in 3.3.4. It's been reported.
by rogerhand on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:00 am
Just coming over from Cakewalk Sonar ... have spent 24 hours with Studio One and am generally happy but this one issue is driving me nuts.

I'm transferring some multi-track tape into my PC ... while recording I watch the levels using the peak meters of the input channels. If they're off I adjust the gains on my input box then try again ... only ... I have no way of knowing if the new levels are good because Studio One insists on showing me the peaks from the previous recording attempt!

I want to wipe the peak meter readings clean and start fresh! This was a simple operation in Sonar and I thought sure I was missing something obvious in Studio One ... Someone mentioned a workaround involving copying settings but I am clueless as to what this means. Would love some help with this - Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Well, I discovered that if I click on the thin little yellow peak line the levels are reset. Whew!

Studio One 3, Windows 10, 64-bit, i7 SSD

15 posts
Page 1 of 1