6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello there,

How do I just select some automation notes (in red) to delete and not some others (in green) such as this attached picture below in one swipe?

Representation: http://prntscr.com/fn1swl

When I use the range tool, it select all my automation notes.

Thx for your help on this.

Defier.
by Lawrence on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:46 pm
Hold Alt (Opt on Mac) to make range selections of nodes freely.
by johnnygeib2 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:14 pm
I just tested this and for me it is the Shift key to select random nodes on an automation track. Can you confirm?

by Lawrence on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:00 pm
It's Opt on OSX (drawing) which I think correlates to Alt on PC, but all of those modifiers are in the Info Bar. Click the animated gif below to see it. It's "Draw Selection Freely". Shift is "Additive Selection", and yeah, you can Shift to manually select points A, B, and C also.

auto.gif

P.S. The manual needs some work. Here is the section where it should be under the Automation section. The red parts below are my edits.

Editing Multiple Points at Once

It is possible to simultaneously edit any number of points on an automation envelope. Using the Arrow tool, click in the Track Lane, away from any existing automation point, and then drag to draw a selection box around the points you want to edit. You can also hold [Alt]/[Option] and double click in empty space, or directly on a point, to select all points on the envelope from that point in time forward.

You can also hold [Alt]/][Opt] to draw and freely select points without the selection range snapping to the lane height.
by johnnygeib1 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:25 pm
Ok thanx Lawrence. Hope you didn't think I was trying to correct you. Just wanted to make sure I understood what he was asking.

Thanx.
by Lawrence on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:39 am
Not at all JG. You made a good point about Shift actually but he was asking to do it "in one swipe".

6 posts
Page 1 of 1